Discussion

Faye:

Since returning from the Brit Awards, we're really busy with either concerts or interviews. Or interviews at concerts. The journalists want to question us constantly about new songs and the band in general - and sometimes it's annoying but then again, it's great how famous we are, so we truly enjoy it. But now, it's actually nice to use time before rehearsals to talk about our new trip for the music video. It will be filmed in a simple studio in London but we still will be staying at a hotel. Which actually is nice, it's usually fun to share a hotel suite with the band. 

However, the fact that our producer decided to let H and Claire sing the lead in our newest song is leading to tensions in our group yet again. We aren't discussing or even insulting as previously when Claire was mainly singing but we're all really quiet when doing something together as a band. At the moment, Lisa and me spent more time together, letting Claire spending her time with the boys - or actually she just spends her time with H. There's just this weird tension between us all currently. Lee wanted to get us in a conversation without arguing but upon seeing that it doesn't work, he decided to be quiet and instead, he spends time with his girlfriend. 

Now Lisa and me are at her house, preparing for our journey to the hotel. I watch her packing, while we talk about band stuff as usual. "You know, it's really not like I think H or Claire aren't talented singers. They both are really talented, but I just don't understand why it seems like a great idea to let them sing mainly with us joining in the chorus like we're just backing singers." Lisa says angrily. She places her suitcase down, kicking her feet against her it which makes the suitcase drop open again and the stuff falling on the ground. She mumbles a swearword in Welsh, before starting to sort her stuff again. "Why not dividing the lines like in previous songs? It worked for 'Say you'll be mine' after all! It was near the top place of the charts! I mean, what are we supposed to sing?"

"I don't know, honestly. Maybe Pete indeed favours H and Claire like we assumed and we aren't as talented as we thought."

"But why choosing us for the band instead of just doing songs with them?" Lisa asks back. She's really angry but gladly, she only told me about her thoughts and we didn't showed our anger towards the others. Band arguments aren't needed now.

"Because Pete wanted a band and not a duett. I guess." I explain, not seeming convinced by my own words.

"Yes, I see that he wants a band." she answers annoyed, closing her suitcase again. "Maybe I'm not quite nice. I mean, our backing dancers don't say we would steal them the show despite they're really talented."

"Talented like Johnny." I add with a grin. 

Lisa grins back before answering. "Well yes, Johnny is a talented dancer and he can sing too. Obviously as he was in a band himself and-" she glances at me with a questioning look. "Is it okay if I talk about our relationship?"

"It's totally fine." I reply quickly, letting out a laugh before taking the suitcase away from Lisa to do something to interrupt her questioning looks. "Hey, it's fine! Come on, talk about him. He's really nice and you seem like a great couple."

"We're not a couple- oh. I said 'relationship' when talking about him, didn't I?" she asks, now taking her suitcase herself, while I agree to her question. She places it next to the door with a sigh before continuing to talk. "Okay, I really like him and I enjoy talking to him, or dancing in a club like when we were celebrating. But- but don't tell the others yet, please. I'm not in the mood for H teasing me or any other comments. I trust you though."

"I won't tell anyone else. Thanks for trusting me as well - and you seem really cute together, honestly. It was obvious that you're totally in love with him ever since you were dancing together at the Brit Awards. If you ask me, the others probably already guessed it too - but I won't tell anyone, promised."