The Brit Awards

Faye:

With pure excitement we all take our places next to each other, surrounded by plenty of other celebrities. This is all so amazing, we're indeed at the Brit Awards! Well, we were nominated for an award here previously but didn't win. That was a pity but that's why we're so looking forward to winning now. Imagining to win a Brit Award - it simply would be so incredible. 

According to the newspapers, we could now indeed win an award! Especially since being nominated in 'British Pop Act' and 'Best Selling Live Act' so that's really amazing. People indeed seem to like our music. It's just so great to be here, such an honor and we're all already holding hands in pure excitement. While driving here with Pete, who's probably backstage with others, we talked about nothing else except for the Brit Awards and all these talented artists. There already were such good performances from winners and guest acts. With sparkling eyes we watch as the host enters the stage again, listening how the crowd bursts into applause and joining them impressed. Before the winner of the category 'British Pop Act' will be announced, another band enters the stage for a performance. I can't help but swing my feet to their music, partly from excitement but also because their music is really good. They really own some talent and we saw plenty of famous artists! Yes we all are positively crazy about this show.

As the band walks down the stage, the host takes his place again - explaining which other bands and singers are nominated for 'Best British Pop Act' as well. Aside from ourselves, there's a boyband that we don't know and another band that is a bit similar to guy from their style I would say. And obviously there are some solo artists. As the hosts takes the card on which the winner is written, we all look at him awaitingly and purely excited. Please, say Steps. Please. 

But we don't win the award. Instead, it's that boyband. That boyband we don't even know; who now enter the stage very cheerfully. I can hear Claire exhaling disappointed, she looks down as if she's about to cry. Yes, I her disappointment is totally understandable - but we're still nominated in another category. 'Biggest Selling Live Act' - maybe we can win this award. 

"Who's that?" H whispers towards us jokingly. I bet he's just as excited about this event as we are but obviously he acts as cheerful as usual to hide his own excitement.

"Don't know. Just a boyband." Claire whispers back. "And now listen and be quiet."

After the boyband who won the award for 'British Pop Act' leave the stage, another band enters the stage, again for a performance while we keep being excited - even H doesn't say anything else. And when it's time for the category 'Best Live Act' back to being excited again. I focus the host, again recalling 'Please say Steps!' in my mind. 

"And the winner of the award in the category 'Biggest Selling Live Act' is-" the host announces, "Steps!"

H lets out a happy cheer, both he and Lee are cheering while us girls are squealing with pure excitement. We won! We won a Brit Award! We indeed won this award!

"Steps, please enter the stage!" 

While making our way to the stage after the demand of a camera guy, we almost crash into each other, almost tripping on the stairs and I bet my cheeks are just as blushed as theirs. 

"Congratulations for winning a Brit Award!" 

As the host looks at us awaitingly, we realise that we didn't said anything yet. Oh, we might should answer, after all we just won an award. "Thanks!" I squeal, my cheeks blushing even more when hearing myself squealing like this. "Sorry, we're excited." I add, trying to sound as calm as possible. But we just won an award, it's difficult to stay calm now when literally bursting with happiness!