Strictly Come Dancing

Faye:

The past few days had been full of rehearsals with the Strictly cast. To say that it's so much fun would be an understatement. I haven't felt this happy in a long time, which also is down to the fact how well Giovanni and me get along. Obviously I get along with Ashley too, or with Kate who truly helps me too to speak up about my mental health struggles. But with Giovanni I feel so happy and also safe. 

A few days ago, we returned to the hotel when it was already dark. It had been enough to make me scared - although am not necessarily scared of the dark. Giovanni however noticed my slight anxiety, took me by the hands and it was as if he kept me safe from the darkness and all bad emotions I'd felt for so long. Sounds cheesy? Definitely, but I can't help feeling that way.

Heck I think I got a crush on him.

That day I'd messaged the band. I wanted to act casual, ask stuff like 'What have you been up to?' and instead, when Claire asked me how rehearsals have been going I answered in the least subtle way 'Good but I think I've got a crush on Giovanni'. 

Their answers were as I'd expected. H first sent some laughing emojis, replying with 'I knew it!' immediately. Yes, he ships us since we've been at the show to perform our song last year. He even got a ship name for us... and he says that the show hosts hopefully will team us up. Fair enough, because of my height, the only possible pros are Giovanni, Aljaž and Pasha. The later ones of them are indeed very tall so I assume Kate will dance with one of them - and maybe Lauren too, seeing that she also is quite tall. So Giovanni and me could technically become a couple - dance couple, I remind myself. 

Although I think I've got a major crush on him, I'm full of doubts. Not only am I much older than him, but I also surely am not what he looks for - if he's searching at all. Okay, he's single. But so am I and since that affair I kept myself distanced from relationships. It only ended in disappointment and heartbreak anyways - why pretend that someone would ever go out with me? 

I interrupt these thoughts when someone knocks on the door of my suite and my expression probabaly isn't overly friendly - at least until I see Giovanni standing in front of my door. Act cool, I tell myself, hoping I wouldn't giggle like a young school girl. "Hi." I greet awkwardly. 

"Hey." he greets back. "Listen, we - I mean us pros and some celebs - are about to go to a bar. Do you want to join? I know we actually should go partying after the launch show but I thought it's a nice idea. You all could show us some dance steps- did I really just said that?" he sighs. "Sorry. I promise we won't tease you to show us the Tragedy dance."

"Well I'm hoping that I can include ut into the choreography for whatever dance I'll dance in the first live show." I smile. "Can you wait a few minutes so I can style my hair a bit and put some makeup on?" I ask. He nods, taking a seat while I brush my hair and put some clips in it. 

"The celebs usually dance a Cha-Cha-Cha or a Waltz in the first live show." Giovanni says after a while of silence. 

"That's why you danced a Paso last year. To 'Be Italian'. Cliche but it was amazing." I say. 

"You seem to know a lot about the show." he says whilst I get my bag ready. "You look beautiful, if I can say that."

"Well, you must know... I'm an insider. I'm a Strictly superfan." I giggle. "And thank you. You look great too." 

Wow, where did that confidence come from? I'm glad that Giovanni smiles because that way my confidence doesn't disappear immediately again. "Well then my lady." he smiles, taking my hand. "Should we go and have a nice day?" he adds. He must've seen my expression because he immediately laughs. "Hey don't look at me like that - I'm not going to marry you now."