The Reunion Talk

Faye:

We're sitting around a table, focusing each other, while the camera crew is placed around us. There's a weird silence between us all. Before arriving at the location we made these videos with a crew member where everyone of us was talking about the band in general - and of course about the resignation. However when we arrived at the location, we greeted each other and that was all. Since then we're quiet and don't know what to say. Claire is biting her lip, seeming like she's about to cry while H just looks somewhere else. Lisa on the other hand focuses them both, still looking angry. And Lee, being the nice guy he simply is, tries a smile - but even he isn't saying anything. As for myself, I wonder if the camera crew isn't annoyed with us as they seem like they really want us to get in a conversation by now. 

So we all just seem really glad when H finally starts to talk. "There were a lot of arguments between us, wasn't it like that?"

Really? That's all has to say?

I'm about to literally tell him off but then I realise that he most likely is just as nervous about this all as the rest of us is. Yes his words aren't the best way to start the conversation but, admittedly, at least he said something.

"These arguments were because of you." Lisa bursts out, pointing at H and Claire respectively. Yes, she definitely is still angry. "Why did you want to form a duett? It all was going so well, we were friends and a band - it could still work out! Just look how many bands are still around, no matter if they've got married and kids and all - they're friends and bandmates! Why did you thought you're better off as a damn duett?"

Claire seems deeply saddened by these words and there are obvious tears in her eyes. "We just wanted to sing, really. That's what we wanted to do and that's why we all went to that audition back then, but- but in between the band was so much tension that-"

"And how about talking about that all?" Lisa asks loudly, not minding about interrupting her. The camera crew focuses on her with curious expressions and I can't hide an angry look at them. Yes, it's a tv show but gosh we're attempting to get over our arguments and a resignation!

"We tried! But you didn't wanted to talk - or if so, it led to arguments. We were even insulting towards each other!" Claire exclaims angrily. "You remember how we shouted at each other at one of our concerts and it made you cry?"

"We wanted to talk too." I reply. "But yes, it led to arguments. And well, the fact around these singing roles didn't helped the tensions."

"What should we do in your opinion? It was an honor to be like a lead singer! Don't you understand that?" Claire asks us, biting her lip again in an attempt to hide her tears. "Besides, I heard you both talking about me a lot." she continues, now looking at Lisa and me. Yes, that's the truth. We did talked about Claire a lot, mostly not in a nice way. We were saying things about her being favored and that she's not as talented as Pete says - when in fact, she's very talented. It wasn't meant to insult her though! But we wer simply angry, we wanted to be like a lead singer in this band too - maybe that was why we were behaving like this towards each other, although that was just mean.

"You weren't that nice either." Lisa announces, ignoring what Claire said. "You weren't interested in doing something with us at all."

"Yes, because you didn't asked me at all." Claire answers, now the tears are rolling down her cheeks. "I felt so stupid when you headed off to a bar together or something - and told me about it when we were at rehearsals. I asked myself why you didn't asked me to join you. I asked myself if you dislike me."

Seeing her tears about our arguments yet again, I can't help but take her hand in an attempt to comfort her. She flashes a quick smile at me, before trying to brush away the tears.