Rehearsals with the cast

Faye:

So today the dance rehearsals for the show are finally starting. The cast of Strictly is now announced and now we're going to meet all together at a dance studio near where the show is filmed, alongside the professional dancers and a choreographer. We're not going to get partners yet but during the group dance we surely will get the chance to dance with various pros.

Nervously I make a step into the building, already hearing some people talking full of excitement Entering the room, a few of them look at me while a friendly smile is appearing on their faces as they're greeting. 

"Hello." I say shyly, putting down my stuff next to where the others putted down theirs. I don't even dare to look up, being too scared of what they might will say or think of me.

However I'm welcomed with a hug and when looking up at last, I recognise a familiar face. It's Ashley, she also is part of a band. We already know each other a bit although we haven't talked much yet. Her confidence is incredible though. "Welcome to rehearsals, Faye. Lovely to meet you." 

"Thank you, it's so nice here." I reply awkwardly. "And, well, we're waiting for the pros now I guess?"

Okay weird question. What else should we do here?

"Yes, they're about to arrive here too." Ashley replies rather chatty. "It's so exciting isn't it? We're going to meet the Strictly pros and we'll learn so many great dances! Do you watch the show a lot?" 

"It's my guilty pleasure." I answer. "I really love the show. When the band's been performing here last year, I was so nervous - I turned into such a fangirl. It was so amazing, I-" I trail off, realising how this must seem... so I decide to keep quiet and put on a faked smile. "What about you? Have you been watching the show before?"

"I did. Last year's standard was amazing, I'd got so many favourites. Who's your favourite pro?" Ashley asks curiously whilst putting on her dance shoes.

"I like Giovanni... I mean, as a dancer, I mean - he's my favourite pro. He's lovely." I stutter awkwardly. Yeah great, I already embarrassed myself and walked into the studio just a few minutes ago. Ashley grins and I swear she's about to add a remark when, gladly, the door swings open and another cast members walks in.

I smile, recognising im as well. He's an actor in a quiet popular tv show and his name is Charles. He seems lovely and definitely like a promising contestant! We all greet and exchange hugs before everyone's getting lost in a conversation. 

While we wait for the pros to arrive, I'm already talking with some of the cast members. We get to know each other a little bit more and I already get along easily with Ashley, Charles and Kate. We also share a talk with Graeme and Stacey. They all seem so polite, equally excited, but motivated. Of course, while sitting with them, we also talk about what media will try to write about us celebs and our pro partners. I mean... it's just a fact that there usually are articles about the celeb cheating with their pro partner. Okay, I'm single so I technically can't cheat on anyone. 

"Well. As I'm single, they can write about me if they like to. Whatever." Ashley says, almost as if she heard my thoughts. I giggle slightly as she basically said what I just thought. Let's just hope that either our pro partners are single as well or that there won't be articles. "What about you?" Ashley asks curiously. 

"I'm single too." I reply shortly, putting on my dance shoes as if to change the subject.

"Speaking of single, look at these handsome boys!" Ashley suddenly grins as we watch the professional dancers walking into the studio. Yes they definitely look amazing, they all are so handsome. I immediately spot the dancers that the band met when performing at the show previously, like Giovanni and Aljaž. Pasha walks behind them too and yes, he's definitely tall - so maybe he's going to be my dance partner? But actually, the others are tall too - and let alone their talent. It's just so exciting and I can't wait for the show to start properly!