77-The Family's Outburst

Start from the beginning

"Yes?" Jaanvi put her weight on my leg, holding the kitchen counter tightly from the pain under her abdomen. Her other hand held onto the woollen spoon, stirring the egg mixture which she poured in few seconds ago.

What could she possibly ask now? "Oh, I just called to make sure if you've texted the chef? For the food."

And I was telling her to clear out her differences with the twins. Kiaan took another hard bit on the apple, letting the juice touch his chin and lips, of course.

"Oh" Jaanvi's face fell flat, if possible touching the floor. Again she called for her own benefit. She bit her inner cheek, scratching her nose tip to fidget around with something. "i-I um--" if the marble counter was a skin or soft like flour dough she could already picture her nails digging into it. She glanced up at Kiaan who was looking her but wasn't aware of her situation. Jaanvi mouthed 'hurts.' And it was enough for him to get the idea. He immediately left the half eaten apple on the counter, jumping of the counter to hold her.

"Rashi wait." He said in a rather cult and straight voice, clear enough for anyone to hear from far distance. He turned the stove of quickly, putting the pan aside with half cooked omelette before scooping Jaanvi in his strong arms. "Why didn't you tell me before when I questioned if you were ok?" he whisper yelled, shooting her a death worthy glare. She shook her head hissing.

Helping her sit on the bed, he arranged the pillows behind her back so her posture is straight. She wasn't even cold, but the possessive worried side took over Kiaan. He reached out to grab the duvet cover to cover up her body when she held his hand to stop him. "She's on the phone. J-just--" she clutched her lower stomach. "-tell her i-I didn't get t--"

His eyes turned dark. They weren't the welcoming, pleasing and the sweet gorgeous type. This was an exceptionally angry one turning his brown orbs into dark ones. His jaw clenched and his knuckles turning white as he held onto the duvet cover tightly.

"She can wait." She could sense the anger lurking behind his words. Jaanvi unwrapped her hand around his, bringing it back to herself. His eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard. A frown forming on his forehead. In a moment she felt he was far away from reach. "You should have told me." He muttered loudly, pulling a painkiller out of the drawer inside their bedroom. Giving it to her with a glass of water next to their bed, he gave her a very gravy look before walking out.

"What were you saying?" He called out over the phone as he approached the kitchen. He ran his fingers through his hair, muttering how careless Jaanvi was. Standing in front of the counter he turned on the stove, putting the pan back on it as he took out four breads out of the fridge. Not before slamming the fridge door slam in frustration.

She doesn't even trust me enough to share her pain with me? Rashi on the other side of the phone flinched a little from the slamming noise, she turned the volume down of her phone a little before speaking. "Yeah I was sa--"

"Forgot your manners sali sahiba?" (Sister-in-law) taunting wasn't something Kiaan liked doing. He did it before but not in a mean away, it was always sarcastic but this was triggering. He doesn't know how but his voice came out calm despite that fact how pissed he was at Jaanvi and Rashi for always calling for her own good.

"Ji?" (used with names and titles to show respect.) Came her confused voice. He placed the breads on the clean plate, sitting in front of him ready to be toasted. He flipped the omelette before answering her.

"No Hi, no Hello, straight to business." He added a bitter laugh, making a 'huh,' noise flaming in anger. She touched her head gently rubbing it at her stupidity. "I like that. But sometimes you should seriously ask even if you're not interested. You know? Like 'how are you didi?' or 'how is everything there Jiju?' it'll make your didi happy." (Didi means elder sister and Jiju means brother-in-law) His voice dripping with venom.