Pinwheels And Tangerines... Oh And Fishmen Causing Mass Destruction

Почніть із самого початку

Sanji then pulled a platter of food out of thin air. Steaming hot meat, roasted to perfection. Where the hell did he get that? What kind of cartoon logic is this?

The cow had swum back up, and eyed the meal in Sanji's hand. A sparkle shined through the creature's eyes, it's massive maw opened.

"Sanji... It's gonna eat-"

In a flash, Sanji whipped his leg up into the air. Delivering a tenderising kick into the beef with fins, so hard that it was sent flying further than the punch Luffy delivered.

The boat looked at Sanji, some with more hunger than others.

"What?" Sanji questioned. Tossing the meat platter to Luffy, "The thing would've eaten all of use." he pulled out a lighter, a replacement cigarette already resting on his lips.

"Now, does this ship have any rope?" Tani perked up. Pointing at the cabin with her thumb.

"I saw some near the crates in the cabin. Why?" Sanji pointed at the sea cow that was currently floating in the ocean. Dazed from the punches and kicking.

"We're gonna use the cow," he puffed out smoke. "The faster we get to Cocoyashi village, the better."

That's not what she expected, yet exactly what she expected.

"I'll go get that rope," Tani announced, heading into the cabin to find that rope. Excited to see the outcome of this monster/speed boat combo. Now that's something you'd see in the movies.

Tani leaned over the crates, finding them absent of the rope. She swore she saw one before? Maybe over here.

"Found the rope yet?" Luffy's voice asked into the cabin. Tani lifted her head up to face the new arrival. How long had she been looking?

"Not yet," she answered, shoving her head into one of the higher boxes "I know it's in here somewhere,"she called out. Tani heard the slap of Luffy's sandals, as moved to the opposite side of the room. The clattering of a box being searched could be heard.

The pair fell silent in their search for the rope. The sound of Sanji kicking the sea cow into submission being a strange background sound, that kinda drowned out the silence.

"Got it!" Tani cheered, pulling the long rope out of a box. Luffy lifted his head out of a box, fishing line tangled with tackle bobs covered his hair. At least there weren't any hooks.

"Awesome!" Luffy stretched his arm over, snatching the rope from Tani's hands. "I'll give it to Sanji," he grinned, running out of the cabin.

Tani stayed in the cabin, watching from the window as Luffy and Sanji successfully saddled the sea cow with ropes. Yosaku was tasked with helping to secure the ropes onto the boat. Which he miraculously managed to do.

A kick later, and they were speed boating towards Cocoyashi village, at this rate (according to Yosaku) they'd be arriving before midday.

Which left them with... About two hours to kill.

Luffy came rushing into the cabin, bouncing on his feet.

"Hey, stop being in here." he commanded. Tani was surprised at the authority, even if it wasn't forceful. "Makino said that being out in the sun makes injuries get better faster." he stated, looking at her side. The girl held the sore spot, the thing still hurt. The purplish tint of her skin made it look worse than it actually was though.

"Alright-" she cut herself off, a sound caught her attention. One she'd heard before. She glanced down at her feet, backpack slumped over by her shoe.

"Alright, what?" Luffy followed her gaze. Tani squatted down, grabbing the backpack and shaking it. The sound chimed again. "You're being weird. Is this a mystery girl thing?" oh right, Luffy's still here.