Yes I Am Using My Plastic Yo-yo's As A Weapon! Got A Pro- Oh He's On Fire!

Skates clacked against the tiled floors of the Baratie. Tani burst through the kitchen doors, plates stacked in her hands. Skating through the rush of chefs, passing hot pots and polished plates around the counters. Tani would be forever grateful for her evasion skills.

"Girly! Plates for table 16 and 24 are ready!" one of the chefs called out. Slapping the plates on carrying trays for their female coworker.

"On it!" Tani called out, rolling over to the plates, and scooping them into her hands. Flying out the doors with a customer service smile.

It had been four days since the Straw hats had boarded the Baratie. They'd refused to leave without Tani on the ship, much to the girls' protests. The only reason Tani had swapped with Luffy, was to give them an out.

Luffy refused to let her stay behind, because she was "Nakama". A term Tani had never heard before, but it must be important if it's keeping him from leaving. She would have to ask about that one when her shift ended for the day.

The staff on the Baratie were quite the strange bunch. She'd heard the rumours that the Baratie was notorious for its staff, that were willing to beat the ever loving daylights out of customers if they disrespected the food, ship or workers. It was something that Tani found herself enjoying. Some customers really deserved it. Hell, full-body had his ass handed to him by Sanji on her first day.

Speaking of Sanji.

He's been the saving grace of this entire "selfless sacrifice" as he liked to call it. Sanji made sure that Tani was settled into the life of a Baratie employee. He's also made it very clear that he disapproved of her "selfless sacrifice", to swap with Luffy. Tani would shrug it off. He was just being Sanji.

Sanji's like an 11/10 on the chivalry scale, he would constantly pop up out of nowhere, offering to do (sometimes even taking over) tasks that were given to tani. Not that Sanji should have the time to help her with everything.

He was one of the higher ranked chefs, something called a sous chef? Which was meant to be pretty important. Too important to be helping Tani with every single obstacle she came across. Tani would protest, but the man was as stubborn as a rock.

Doesn't change the fact that Tani really appreciated his assistance, even if the doting got... Overbearing. At least she got heaps of snacks out of it. Sanji was the greatest chef, Tani ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Honestly, she wouldn't have minded staying here for the next year. Even if it meant she'd need to learn how to defend herself in a fight.

A skill she would have to learn, much sooner than later...

It was the afternoon of day four.

The day started out pretty normal. The Straw hats came into the Baratie to have lunch, and greet Tani.

The girl rolled around the restaurant, serving customers via rollerblade. She felt like one of those 60s diner girls you'd find in a pinup magazine. Tani knew how to utilize the skill, and it turned out to be one hell of an efficient method of transport.

Zeff even praised her skills at service and ingenuity, which was meant to be near impossible. Patty said it was because Zeff is softer on girls, but Tani could eat any praise she can get.

"Tani, come back," Luffy complained, the top half of his body sprawled out on the top of a table. Much to the annoyance of the crew, who all had to lift their plates.

"For the 26th time, I can't do that." Tani responded, "Do I need to do the 'I'm paying off your debt, so you can leave' speech again?" Luffy groaned into the table cloth again.