Merry Goings Aboard The Going Merry

The seagulls had disappeared, which meant the Going Merry was officially too far away from Cocoyashi. At least that's what Tani had read in a book once. No gulls, no islands.

Nami said they were roughly four days away from Loguetown, depending on the weather. Which meant Tani had plenty of time to familiarise herself with the lifestyle of a pirate.

First in the agenda would be-

"Lunch is ready!" Sanji called out from the galley. The wind wafted mouth watering smells from the kitchen.

Looks like lunch is first.

Tani watched her head as Luffy came springing from the masthead, scampering towards the kitchen on all fours. The rest of the crew made a mad dash for the galley before their captain could inhale everything.

Pirate life lesson number 1: Defend your food with your life.

Luffy was a force to be reckoned with. The whole crew had to learn very quickly, how to counter the captain and his thieving rubber limbs.

Zoro was the master of cutlery defence, readily stabbing Luffy in the hand anytime he dared to stray too close to the swordsman's food.

Usopp would never fill his plate, instead opting to grab and shove food items into his mouth before Luffy attempted to steal.

Nami and Tani had Sanji at their defence. The chef had already eaten before the meal was called out, so he had all the time he needed to swiftly kick Luffy's ass, if he thought about stealing from the girls.

Despite these defences, many meals were lost to the void that is Luffy. Simply put, there's no way to prevent the beast from claiming their meals as a sacrifice to appease the captain.

If meal time was always this intense, then Tani would have to learn more techniques to thwart the creature that possessed Luffy during meal time.

The plates had been cleared, leaving the crew to sit at the table and fill the air with random chatter. That's when Tani remembered something.

She doesn't know the first thing about most of her crew.

Sure she's seen them fight, and she had plenty of time to familiarise herself with Sanji, and Luffy too. In terms of personality, or history, she doesn't know much at all.

"So..." Tani decided to voice, "Since we're on a crew together. Should we all introduce ourselves properly?" The crew's chatting stopped.

"What? We already know each other's names." Luffy questioned. Tani fiddled with her hands.

"I know, but I'm talking about things like," Tani pondered for a moment. "Hobbies? Does anyone have any hobbies? Or maybe, um... I can't think of anything." she slumped on the table, feeling slightly embarrassed about her attempts at ice breaking.

"I like drawing maps," Nami took the pick, and smashed into the ice first. "There's also tending my tangerine trees, and shopping." Nami gave Tani a wink.

There was silence over the crew. Whether they were considering joining the conversation, or ignoring them outright. Tani didn't know, at least she got one response.

Nami wasn't having it though. A devious grin curled on her cheeks.

"For every crew mate that doesn't answer the question. I'll charge a fee," she purred. Leaning on the table with an innocent flutter of the eyes.

"I don't do hobbies," Zoro answered first, instantly taking to the threat of debt. Sanji rolled his eyes at the response.

"You have to have a hobby, dumb-ass." the chef said, "Even you're stupid marimo brain, would have the capacity to entertain yourself."