Welcome To The Grand line! Have A Whale Of A Time

The crew woke up pretty early that morning, mainly to clean up after the party and rain storm from the day before. Everyone being given a different job, to get the ship back into shape... Hahaa ship shape.

Tani was tasked with mopping the deck, and boy did it need a clean up. The salt water from the ocean had crusted over the deck, which if Tani was correct, would rot the wood. We can't have that now, can we?

Everyone had cleared off the deck, leaving Tani with more space to get creative. Grabbing two buckets and a mop from the messy storage room, filling the buckets with hot water, and running back on deck. It was time to get cleaning.

Bucket number one was positioned at the front of the ship, next to the set of stairs that lead to Merry's masthead. Bucket number two was at the very back of the ship, where Zoro normally trains. The perfect positions for her to enact operation: Lets clean this deck fast, because I wanna do anything else.

Headphones on, music blasting into her ears as she zoomed around the deck in her skates. Letting the bouncy nature of this particular song control her body movements. Hips swaying in time with the swipes of her mop on the grimy deck.

"Wake me up before you go-go" she sang without a care in the world. Twirling the mop in her hands around like a baton. Water spraying across the deck, walls, and ocean.

"Don't leave me hangin on like a yo-yo!" She planted the mop into the ground, dragging it along the ground as she flew across the main deck. Leaping over the staircase with ease, she zipped towards the second bucket.

"Wake me up before you go-go! Cause I ain't planning on goin solo!" she sang louder. Slamming the mop into the bucket, draining the bucket of half its water. Slapping the mop back onto the wooden floor, and continued her solo performance. Years of training her voice with wooden spoons, and hair brushes. She could hear her mothers sweet voice backing her up.

"Wake me up before you go-go! Take me dancing tonight!" Tani paused all her movements, holding the end of the broom to her mouth as she sang her heart out. Closing her eyes as she let her words carry through the air.

"I wanna hit that hi-" Tani opened her eyes to find large black ones staring back at her with awe. The shock of finding an unexpected audience was-

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" She reacted on instinct, unable to stop the motion. The mop in her hand came flying at Luffy's head, smacking him hard enough to knock him on his ass. Returning to her senses, Tani's face burst into a fiery heat. She'd just mop-slapped her captain for no reason, other than she was startled... How embarrassing.

"Wow," Tani looked down at Luffy. The boy now sitting cross legged on the soaked deck, rubbing at the spot on his cheek that she'd smacked. "That was cool!" Luffy chuckled. Tani felt the tension in her shoulders leave, Luffy's infectious laugh easily pulling her in.

"So-sorry about that," Tani held out a hand for Luffy, pulling him back to his feet. "Haven't I told you not to startle a girl?" Luffy shrugged.

"Probably, my bad." he wasn't sorry at all. Tani rolled her eyes, not at all surprised. "It's not my fault you had those things on your ears." Tani poked her tongue out at him, which he mimicked back.

"No excuses Mr Captain." Tani poked Luffy with the handle end of the mop. "What would your mother think? Such poor manners." the girl played around dramatically, hoping for the wind to pick up again for that special effect.

"I don't have-"

"WHAT THE HELL?" Nami's voice shrieked with despair. Luffy and Tani looked at each other with concern. "Nonononono no!" Yep, there was something very wrong.