Pinwheels And Tangerines... Oh And Fishmen Causing Mass Destruction

Tani found herself in front of the steering pole for the ship. The pole connected to the rudder, which is what turns the ship. Kinda like a steering wheel but not as run to use.

"The speed of this boat relies entirely on the wind." Yosaku explained. Pointing outside, where the mast to the small boat was. Tani glanced at it for a moment, turning her attention back to the ocean ahead. "I'm sure you'll learn about the sails and stuff later, for now we're totally on track to Cocoyashi village."

"Got it," Tani nodded.

"That means you can let go of the steering," Yosaku pointed out. Tani shook her head.

"What if we get knocked off course? We can't risk it." Yosaku looked at her, then the ocean, back at the steering, then her again.

"Whatever floats your boat, sister Tani." Yosaku shrugged. Looking outside, Luffy was lazing around on the deck. Enjoying the sunshine, while Sanji grilled something delicious.

"You can leave if you'd like," Tani assured Yosaku. "That weather sure looks relaxing." The man jumped to his feet and left the cabin.

A couple minutes passed, Tani's hands had yet to let go of the pole. She knew she was overreacting a bit, she'd seen the crew on the Merry leave the pole. Standing here, making sure they made it to their destination, just felt right.

"Lunch!"

Damn it...

Tani didn't feel comfortable leaving the steering unattended. Even if it was for a quick break.

Even if that grilled fish smelt like heaven-

"Tani?" Sanji watched the door, waiting for the girl to join them. Yosaku and Luffy had already begun stuffing their faces at breakneck speeds.

"Hey, where's Tani?" Luffy said with his cheeks stuffed full of fish. His eyes darted around, unable to his nakama. Yosaku perked up.

"She refuses to leave the cabin," he pointed towards Tani's location. "She's worried about the boat going off course." stuffing his cheeks with more fish. Sanji let out a sigh.

"I'll bring her something to eat then," The blonde stated, standing from his seat. He grabbed a smallish plate, and piled bits of the meal onto it for her. A task that proved difficult, when Luffy would grab and shovel anything his rubber hands touched, into his mouth. Through the power of love, and a few well placed kicks. Sanji was on his way to the cabin.

"Tani, my darling angel." he announced, quickly knocking on the door frame. Tani turned to look at him for a second, then turned back to the steering.

"Hey Sanji," she waved with one hand. Sanji strode towards a crate, sitting down on it with grace. The plate of grilled fish, filled the air with a mouth watering aroma. Tani's stomach growled.

"I brought this for you," Sanji held the plate towards her. "Luffy almost at it all, so you better eat this fast." Tani glanced at the plate, then the steering. Her stomach grumbled again.

"Uh... Could you please take over the steering for me?" she asked. Sanji smiled softly at her, nodding. Tani dropped the steering rod and practically lunged at the plate food. Sanji jumped from his crate to hold the pole, just to appease the young lady before him.

"You know," he started. Tani looked up at him, cheeks stuffed with pieces of fish. "We can just leave the steering." Sanji informed, Tani swallowed her mouthful of food.

"Yosaku already told me that," she admitted. "It's just... I don't really get this whole sailing thing. It's actually my first time steering a boat."