A Thousand Sunny Days, And A Thousand Sunny More

The barbeque the night before, ended without too much of a bang. Many people passing out from the alcohol they consumed, or falling into food comas. Tani being of the many who passed out after eating too much. Not that it's her fault, Luffy kept shoving more meat on her plate and Sanji had hammered the rule of 'don't waste food' into her head.

The morning after was slow, with everyone too groggy to move around and clean up. The Straw hats all sleepily made their way back to the cabin, the wall that Garp had broken through was completely patched up.

Sanji jumped straight to making a lite breakfast that would be easy on the stomach. Slicing up in season fruits to make a fruit salad bowl that the crew could serve themselves. Nami and Robin were mapping out the next course they should take. Chopper and Zoro were taking a nap together.

"Tani," Usopp summoned. Tani turned to see the awkward look on his face... Oh he was gonna do the thing. "I... Can you... Look I can't do this unless you're there too," he sighed. She gave him a supportive pat on the shoulder.

"It's Luffy, he'll forgive you so fast it'll give you whip lash," Tani giggled. "But I'll come along with you, moral support and all." she assured. Usopp nodded nervously.

"Uh, Luffy?" Usopp called. The boy was shoving a whole pineapple into his mouth. "Can we talk for a minute? In private," god, Usopp sounded like he was a teenage girl that was about to confess to his crush.

Luffy hopped off the bar stool he was sitting on and stood in front of the pair. Tani decided to lead them out of the room. There was a nice spot on the back porch. She directed them to said spot, and stood by the door. Just in case someone decided to walk in on the conversation.

"What's up?" Luffy asked, perching himself on the railing like some weird monkey... Hahaa Monkey D. Luffy. Usopp took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," he said. His gaze avoiding Luffy, the captain was quiet for a second.

"For what?" Luffy tilted his head, his straw hat flopping with the motion.

"For starting that fight about Merry. I know you probably don't want me back in the crew after-"

"Why wouldn't I want you back on the crew? You're already back on it. I'm not kicking you out again, that's just mean," Luffy pouted, crossing his arms and legs on the railing. Tani had to stop herself from laughing.

Classic Luffy.

Usopp was at a loss for words. Processing what Luffy had just said... Was he on the crew? Luffy was acting like none of that ever happened. Luffy just gave him an easy grin.

"I'm sorry too, for yelling at you. Merry was important nakama, and I was a bad captain," Luffy apologised.

Wow... That was unexpected. A good unexpected, but strange none the less.

"So... I'm back on the crew?" Usopp reconfirmed. Luffy jumped from the railing and crashed into Usopp with a big hug.

"Of course! I can't be the pirate king without everyone there," Luffy reminded. Usopp opened his eyes wide, turning to look at Tani. She winked at him.

"I told you so," she mouthed to the sniper.

The crew was back together again. For real this time.

...

The new ship was planned to be finished within the next 3 days. Franky was hard at work on the project, day in, day out. If he wasn't sleeping or eating, he was working hard on the new vessel.

Tani wanted to pay him a visit. Robin decided to tag along, something about finding Franky entertaining to talk to.

They'd arrived at the build sight. The location was that scrap yard that the Merry had docked by. Franky was sanding some wood down when Tani and Robin arrived to greet him.