Skate Or Pretzel! Luffy Can Do Both

It had been about an hour since the Straw hats had taken victory in the Groggy ring. The roller race was set to begin in the next two hours. Tani wasn't ready for it at all.

Well, Tani herself was completely confident in her ability to skate, she'd been doing it for as long as she can remember and knows she can win this... It's Luffy she's worried about.

Not once had she ever seen him in a pair of skates or blades, which would only spell disaster if he was the runner. Since the game was made for two participants per round, this meant Tani needed to deal with Luffy fumbling around his own feet.

So why couldn't she find Luffy? She needs to train him!

She'd been walking around the stalls for an hour, and still couldn't find the rubber bastard anywhere! Nobody had seen him. It was starting to get annoying and concerning...

"Nervous?" came Robin's voice from beside Tani. The younger have a jump in surprise, rubbing at her neck sheepishly.

"Yeah, I can't find Luffy anywhere." Tani admitted, "I don't think he knows how to skate, so I want to teach him before we start the game." Tani sighed. Robin held a hand over her mouth and closed her eyes with a pleasant smile.

"I can help you find him," she stated. Moving her arms to cross over her chest. "Ojos Fleur," she chanted. Tani watches with mild horror and immense awe, as hundreds of icy blue eyes start to sprout all around the grounds. From the stands, to the trees, there were even some on people's bodies! Tani heard a couple of horrified screams ring out.

"Have I ever mentioned that your powers are awesome?" Tani admired. Robin couldn't help but let out a chuckle, with small hints of that strange one she used back in Skypiea.

Robin opened her eyes again, uncrossed her arms and pointed in a random direction.

"Mr Captain is watching the ocean from a cliff not too far away," she informed. Tani quickly hugged Robin, which caused the women to freeze at the unexpected touch.

"Thanks Robin!" Tani almost shouted, letting go as fast as she'd latched on. She turned heel and ran for the cliff side. Robin recomposed herself and felt herself laughing that comforting laugh.

"Derashishishi~"

...

"Luffy!" Tani called out, the captain in question was sitting cross legged by the cliff side. He turned to her and-

"Sit down, the ocean looks pretty from here," he commanded, patting the grass next to him. Tani stood were she was and shook her head.

"Later, we have a game to practice for," she stated. Luffy flopped onto his back and stared at her with a pout. God bless his adorable face, Tani had to look away.

"Hah, I win." Luffy declared happily. Tani looked back at him with confusion. "You looked away first, so I win. You suck at staring contests." he commented. Tani glared at him, with no malice of course.

"So you gonna come learn how to skate? If we lose this game, then we lose another nakama," she said with worry. Luffy rolled onto his stomach and propped his head onto his hands. Looking up at her with that sunshine expression.

"We won't lose. You gotta stop worrying all the time," he said with all seriousness, though it took away from said seriousness when his cheeks were squished like a chipmunk. "It's kinda annoying," he says, poking his tongue out.

"I worry because you guys are always running around and getting hurt... Well would be getting hurt if you weren't all super human beasts." Tani retorts, dropping to the ground with her legs crossed. One hand rested in her lap, while the other held her head up. "I think my earth brain is still hardwired to earth logic," she joked. Luffy seemed to understand.