The Calm Before The Storm... Never Mind There's The Storm

Tani basked in the sunshine from the cloudless sky, eyes closed while she relaxed. Was this meditation? Probably? It would certainly be easier if that stupid seagull stopped it's squawking.

Wait a second... Seagull.

"Land ahoy," Zoro's voice called from the crows nest. Nami looked at the horizon to find an island made of stone with a huge town upon it. She smiled at the realization that this was indeed Loguetown.

"Make a course for that island!" she commanded, everyone on the crew dropped what they were doing and took their positions to steer the ship on the right path.

Tani still wasn't much help in terms of sailing the boat, since she didn't have much experience. Instead she opted to observe Luffy, Zoro and Usopp, running around to prep the sails. Sanji steered the rudder, while Nami directed him.

This was it, the final island before hitting the Grand-line. If she recalled correctly, the Grand-line was a strip of sea that was bonkers to the umptieth level. Even those who had mastered the ocean, could fall victim to a spontaneous storm. Personally, Tani would like to avoid going to a place like that. Dying before she could make it home wasn't appealing in the slightest. She was gonna go anyway because staying with her crew was far more safe than being dumped on a random island. Plus there was no way Luffy was letting her leave the crew.

"Alright crew, what's the plan?" Tani asked with a clap. The crew gathered in the centre of Merry's deck.

"Sanji and myself will restock the ship's food supplies." Nami explained, holding up the list she was writing the other day. "Does anyone have any last minute requests before we dock?" Luffy instantly popped his hand up. Nami rolled her eyes. "Meat is already on the list." Luffy lowered his hand.

"We need more wood for potential repairs." Usopp chimed in. Nami wrote that down. Waiting for any more suggestions, when nobody brought up more things they needed. She popped the notepad back in her pocket and clapped.

"Now, this island is notorious for its marines. So I better not see any of you causing trouble." she pointed her glare at an oblivious Luffy, and a yawning Zoro.

"Merry will dock in about three hours." Nami estimated. "Once we split up. Everyone is to regroup before dusk." everyone nodded in agreement. With that, the group meeting concluded.

Tani wandered to the front of the boat once the group split off, she watched the island draw closer.

"Hey Tani," Luffy greeted, he perched himself on his spot atop the figurehead of the ship. "What are you gonna do when we get to the island?" he asked curiously. Tani thought about it for a moment.

"I don't know. Probably gonna just walk around and hope I don't get lost." she answered. Luffy hummed in response. "What about you? Got any plans, Captain?" Luffy gave her a big grin.

"I'm going to find the place where they executed Gold Roger." Tani's eyes widened in surprise. Well, that's morbid... At least he has a goal? Tani would prefer to pass on that activity.

"This town was the place he was born, and executed in," his gaze lingered on the island ahead. "I wanna see what he saw before he died." Luffy said with determination.

"He was the old pirate king." Tani recalled. "So it's kinda like a 'picking up were he left off' kinda thing. If you think about it, that is." which she was.

"Tani," Nami's voice called from across the boat. Tani turned to face the approaching woman.

"Sup?" the navigator stopped in front of Tani. Hand on her hip.

"Would you like to join me and Sanji with shopping?" she motioned towards the blonde chef in the background. "We could use a couple more hands,"

Tani thought about it for a moment. It was probably a good idea to go exploring with the others. Splitting up in this world was a risk that Tani wasn't making just yet. Especially with the rumoured Marines that swarm the island.