When you look me in the eyes

Start from the beginning

  Rocket looks confused as his weird little cyber raccoon eyebrows squish together. "So, lemme get this straight." He shakes his head. "You won't tell Quill how you feel because you think he doesn't feel the same?"

  You nod and take a bite of the apple. "Yep."

  Rocket looks at Groot and sighs. "Imagine being that blind, Groot." He says as he hops off of the counter and the other guardians make it on board.

  "Alright, another mission complete! Time to celebrate!" Peter's voice is heard throughout the Milano.

  You follow behind Rocket as you both end up meeting the other guardians in the cockpit. You lean against the doorway as you admire Peter. His legs are so muscular that his pants sort of tighten around his thighs. Your eyes trail upwards towards his...abs. Yes. His abs. Those are such a sight for sore eyes. You see them quite often and you can't say you're mad about it. His arms, oh lord, his arms are buff, not like Drax, but the perfect amount. When he wears those tight long sleeved shirts, you know you're done for. When he wears them, you can't help the thoughts that fill your mind. Peter's face is just...so damn good looking. His moss green eyes Put you in a trance every damn time you look into them.

  Peter's eyes meet yours and a small smirk places itself on his lips. With a wink you already know what's going to happen later. You want that, but then again, you don't. You want Peter so bad, but in two ways. Sexually and lovingly. You look down at the ground to avoid eye contact. You don't want to end the benefits thing with the other guardians in the room.

Peter must notice your nervousness because he says says something you love to hear. "Can you guys give us a minute alone?" You love alone time with Peter.

You look up at the other guardians and bite your lip nervously.

"Just don't be loud and don't do your pelvic sorcery on places we eat this time." Gamora says and then walks out and is followed by the others.

He walks closer to you as you look up at him. "What's up?" His hands find their way into his pockets.

You take in a deep breath and let it out as you look into his eyes. "Peter, I-" the words get caught in your throat. Are you really about to give up the only way to make Peter fall for you? "This whole friends with benefits thing...it has to- it has to stop." You finally spit it out.

A look of confusion makes its way on his face. "Was it something I did?" He asks as he walks closer.

Other than the fact of making me fall even more in love with you?, you think to yourself.

You shake your head. "We just can't." With that, you make your way to your room without looking behind you to see if Peter is following you or not. You can't tell him that it's because you don't want to hurt anymore. You don't want to tell him that you're hopelessly in love with him and the sexual stuff gives you hope for a future that you know will never happen. You don't want to tell him that every time the two of you have sex, you fall deeper into the rabbit hole.

You hurry into your room and close the door and lock it. Why doesn't he love you? What's wrong with you? Is it the way you look? Is it your personality? As you lean your back against the cool metal door, the only logical explanation dawns on you. Peter is in love with Gamora and he's using you to make her jealous.

You slide down the door and bring your knees to your chest and hold them there. Of course he'd use you. Why would he want you when he could have Gamora? She's so much prettier and stronger and badass. They're perfect for each other. Your head vibrates as a strong knock is heard from the other side of the door.