"god's plan"

2nd of February

Layla's POV
The rain had become colder and harder in the seconds I was looking at what was happening. I couldn't believe my eyes and somehow I didn't know whether to panic, cry, search for help or to laugh.

Demi was hanging from the roof and was about to fall. The roof was way too high above the ground. If she'd fall, she either would break her legs, or, if she'd end up in a weird position, it could cost her her life. The idea of laughing about the fact she was randomly hanging from the roof, faded away immediately when Demi's hand slipped away. My eyes widened.

"Demi!" I screamed, hoping she'd hear it despite the sound of rain falling on the ground and roof.

With a lot of effort she managed to carefully turn her face towards mine. I could see she was scared and needed help. If I would be an even bigger ass than I already was, I would go straight back inside and watch Netflix. But her scared face and those eyes, locking with mine, screaming for help... I just had to do something.

So even though I was sick, I looked around to find a potential ladder or at least something that would help me to get on the roof. And as cold as it was, I still was about to do everything just to save Demi from falling.

About three minutes later I found some old, rusty bike next to the house. I picked it up and carried it with me to the front of the house. I put it against the wall and looked at Demi.

"Please hold on for a few more minutes. I'm gonna help you!" I shouted.

I climbed on the bike and tried to stand up. The edge of the roof was still way too far away to grab.

"Shit.." I said.

I looked at Demi who was trying to get herself back on the roof. She didn't succeed and sighed.

"Layla, please!" She screamed.

I nodded and looked back at the edge of the roof again.

Was I able to jump as high as I could to try and grab the edge of the roof? No. Was I gonna try anyways? Yes.

I counted from one to three in my head and as I was doing that, I took a deep breath. On three I jumped up, managed to grab the edge of the roof with my hands and put all the strength I had in me into my arms. It hurt so bad and I knew that if I wouldn't succeed, my muscles would be too tired to try it again.

"Come on, Layla! You got this!" I heard Demi say.

For what felt like three hours, it actually took me a few minutes to pull myself on the roof. I, too, was impressed with myself, because I never thought I'd succeed. Without hesitation I ran over to Demi.

"How the fuck did you end up hanging from the roof?" I asked.

Demi sighed and looked at me with an annoyed expression on her face.

"Please, just help me to get on the roof again." She said.

I looked in her eyes. She was practically begging me to do it. And I couldn't just leave her here in the rain. I kneeled down and grabbed one of Demi's hands. Her tight grip caused me to almost fall over. Startled she looked at me.

"Sorry." She said. I signed that it was okay and reached for her other hand.

With all the effort Demi could give, she tried to grab it, but it didn't work. My arms were too short.

"Come on, Layla. Give me your hand!" Demi said, but for some reason we were both not capable of doing this.

"I can't do it!" I said.