starting over

15th of November

Layla's POV
I woke up next to the bed this morning. I couldn't tell if Demi had pushed me out of the bed to claim more space, or if the bed was actually too small for the both of us.

With a loud sigh and a lot of effort I managed to stand up. I glanced through the room. Demi was already up, apparently. I walked out of the room and went downstairs. The smell of burnt eggs and bacon screamed in my face. I walked inside the kitchen. Demi smiled.

"Hi." I said.

I opened the fridge and took the milk out of it. I poured it in a glass as I saw how Demi was struggling to turn around her eggs in the corner of my eye. I started laughing.

"You're such a kitchen princess, wow." I sarcastically said.

Demi sighed.

"Don't you dare make fun of my cooking skills. I'm still learning." She said.

I came standing next to her to be able to see her eggs better. I chuckled.

"Demi, have you ever seen actual cooks in restaurants serve wet eggs with black, burnt bacon? If so, where?" I asked.

She looked from me, to her eggs and back to me again. Then she sighed and put out the fire.

"No. And I just wanted to make us breakfast." She said as she threw away the burnt eggs.

"I could take over from here, but I'm lazy. So let's just go get breakfast somewhere." I said.

Demi shook her head.

"Cameraguys can be here any minute and we're not allowed to leave the house." She said.

I sat down on a kitchen chair and looked at her.

"You don't think she'd actually let us stay inside for the rest of these months, do you? Marsha would never. She also gave us two keys of the backdoor and we can escape the house through that door as well." I said.

Demi shrugged.

"I mean, she also made us sleep in the same bed and caused you saw me naked, so.." She said.

I laughed as Demi said the last thing.

"I found it quite hilarious." I said.

Demi's unamused face made me laugh even harder.

"Yes, laugh. You wouldn't find it funny if you were in my position." She said.

"Oh, come on. I bet you've done naked photoshoots." I said.

Demi looked at me in confusion as she sat down on the chair in front of me.

"Yes. So?" She asked.

"What I'm trying to say, is that you shouldn't feel the need to cover up everything. We're both girls." I said as I shrugged.

"I still don't really get it.." Demi said with a puzzled look.

I sighed.

"Okay, fine. Then I'll be straight to the point as usual. I think your body and just you in general are beautiful and that's why you shouldn't be embarrased or feel the need to cover things up."

I stood up and wanted to walk away.

"Do you.. Uhm.. really think that?" Demi asked.

I stopped walking and slowly turned around.
"Yes.." I said.

I felt that I started blushing. Demi giggled.

"You can be nice!" She excitedly said.

I looked up. Then I started laughing.