the email

Layla's POV
"And that's why I think this subject absolutely sucks and that we all have to be able to choose whether we wanna attend this class or not." I said.

The class started clapping. The teacher sighed and walked over to his desk.

"Layla. That was not what I asked you to do. I specifically asked you to talk about why you like this subject. Not why you don't like it." He said.

I started laughing.

"I just don't like this subject in general, so why would I even bother to come up with fake interests?" I asked.

The teacher stared at me for a few seconds. Then he pointed at my seat with a disappointed expression on his face. I walked over to my seat with a grin on my  face.

"Now that we've had this pointless presentation of Layla saying how much she loves this subject, we're moving on to.. Let's see.. Mandy." The teacher said.

Mandy stood up and walked over to the front of the class full of confidence.

"Mandy, I want you to tell about your idol. And remember, no Google. Improvisation." The teacher said.

Mandy smiled and took a deep breath.

"My idol.. Where do I even start?" She asked herself.

"She is honestly beyond amazing and I don't know where I'd be without her right now. She's my hero, my saviour-"

"And she's not God, so move on already." I interrupted annoyed.

Mandy glared at me and then went on with her presentation.

"As I said, she's my hero. Now you guys are probably waiting for the moment I'm gonna say who my idol is, isn't that right?" Mandy asked with a giggle.

"No." I said.

The teacher sighed and stood up.

"Layla, if you interrupt her one more time, you'll be spending the next three afternoons in detention." He said.

I sighed.

"Okay, okay. I'll shut up." I said.

The teacher nodded.

"Anyways. My idol's name, is Demetria Devonne Lovato. As known as Demi Lovato." Mandy said.

As she was telling the class about how amazing Demi was in her eyes, I turned around to talk to my best friend Jamie.

"Do you care about this?" I asked.

Jamie shook his head.

"I'd rather listen to you complaining about this subject for the rest of this lesson, than to listen to Mandy talking about whatever her name is." He said.

I looked at him.

"Do you mean that? Or are you saying this because I broke your arm yesterday." I asked.

Jamie held up his broken arm and started laughing.

"Yeah. Sorry about that." I said.

"It's okay. I know it was by accident." Jamie said.

"And you know I still love you, right?" I asked.

Jamie looked at me with big eyes.

"Bro, I'm not proposing to you or whatever." I said.

Jamie started laughing.

"And you know, you're gay, so that wouldn't work out anyways." I said and turned around again.