"just friends"

19th of January

Demi's POV
That Layla was gonna be inspired by my documentary, was something I had already thought of, but that she'd cry because it moved her so much? No.

"Are you crying?" I asked as I looked at Layla surprised.

She nodded and wiped away her tears.

"I.. I didn't know all that stuff about you. What you dealt with, what you're still dealing with. Your life is far from perfect." She said.

I chuckled.

"Did you really think my life was perfect then?" I asked.

"I mean, I don't know. You're a celebrity, so I guess?" She replied as she stood up.

I sighed.

"Being a celebrity doesn't mean you have a perfect life, Layla. How often do I have to say that before you get it?" I asked.

Layla started laughing and walked inside the kitchen.

A few moments later she came back into the living room with a bowl filled with popcorn.

"Probably not very often anymore, because your documentary changed my perspective on a lot of things. And I also gained a whole new level of respect for you, so there you go." She said as she gave me the bowl and sat down again.

"That's probably the first time you're straight up nice to me." I said.

Layla giggled.

"Don't make a big deal out of it. I'm on my period and one wrong sentence can change my mood immediately. I'd watch out if I were you." She said and grabbed a hand full of popcorn.

"What was your favorite part of the documentary?" I asked curiously.

Layla laughed.

"The part where it was about your humor. It made me realize you're just like me." She said.

"How am I just like you?" I asked.

"Just your humor and the fact you'll say everything that's on your mind. I do the same thing, and you know that." Layla said as she shrugged.

I laughed.

"That's true." I grabbed some popcorn and started eating it.

As we were eating popcorn, Layla's phone started ringing. She grabbed it from the table and looked at who it was. Then she looked at me.

"I think I'm gonna take this one. I'll be back soon." She said.

I nodded and turned on the TV as Layla ran upstairs.

-~-~-~-
Layla's POV

I walked inside the bedroom, jumped on the bed and picked up. Mandy's face appeared on the screen. I sat straight up.

"Mandy?" I asked confused.

"Hey." Mandy said as normal as possible.

"I.. uh..- I expected Jamie, to be honest. Why are you calling?"

"I wanted to ask a few questions and congratulate you."

"Congratulate me? The fuck are you talking about?" I asked.

Mandy started laughing.