the first night

14th of November

Demi's POV
When I saw Layla for the first time, she seemed like a really nice girl. Guess I thought wrong. It's been seven hours and she hasn't done anything but hating on me for the absolute smallest things. I tried to talk to her, I tried to make her laugh, I tried everything. Nothing worked. There was too much hate in this girl. So I decided to make her wanna talk to me. She was watching a movie as she was settled under some blankets. I sat down on the other side of the couch. Layla glared at me but didn't say anything.

"What movie are you watching?" I asked.

Layla shrugged.

"Some stupid predictible movie about a couple falling in love and then the guy dies and- Ugh.." She said.

I chuckled.

"If you don't like it, then why are you watching it?" I asked.

I felt Layla's eyes resting on me.

"Why do you care?" She asked.

I looked over to find Layla looking at me as if she wanted to kill me. I locked my eyes with hers.

"You're not actually like this all the time, are you?" I asked.

Layla laughed.

"I actually am. You might as well have to get used to it, otherwise these four months are gonna be less fun than you thought. Don't you have fans to please or something?" She asked.

My mouth fell open out of disbelief. Layla turned off the TV and stood up to go upstairs.

A few moments later she came back downstairs and sat down on the same spot as before. She opened a little box and took a phone out of it. I looked at what she was doing. Suddenly she turned her face towards mine.

"Can I fucking help you? Stop staring at me." She said.

I held up my hands as I turned around pointing my back towards Layla.

"Okay, okay." I said.

I heard a soft giggle coming from behind me. Mission accomplished. I stood up and walked over to the fridge. I took a bottle of water out of it and closed it again. Suddenly Layla stood in front of me. As I dropped the bottle of water I backed off and almost tripped over a kitchen chair.

"Christ, Layla." I said.

She started laughing. I grabbed the bottle off the ground and sat down on the chair I almost tripped over.

"Why did you scare me like that?" I asked.

Layla shrugged.

"I didn't know you'd get scared if I'd simply come standing next to you to ask something, but apparently you do." She said.

"You wanted to ask me something? As in, a serious question?" I asked as my eyes widened.

Layla nodded.

"Is that such a weird thing?" She asked.

I nodded.

"You've done nothing but hating on me. A serious question wasn't quite expected. But okay, what did you want to ask?" I asked.

Layla took place on the chair in front of me.

"I don't know if they've told you this, but we gotta share a bed. Are you cool with that? Because I'm certainly not." She said.

I looked at her confused.

"We have to share a bed? We have like six bedrooms." I said.

Layla nodded.