The Miracle

Hey guys, apologies for the delay... I had a tough German lesson today and I had a lot of occupation with some legal issues as well... But, at any rate, a new chapter emerges, again! YAY! 

Hit the star if you enjoyed it! ^^ 

Andd my gratitude for your patience! ^^ 

Judy was lying on the ground, totally helpless. The police officers had surrounded the perimeter and had pointed their machine guns at her. A few moments passed. One of the officers then hustled up and opened his radio communicator:

"Chief, we found her! We're several yards off the backyard."

That's it... Judy thought. The had caught them.

"Vi!" she whispered to Violet, who stood still, motionless out of surprise and anger. "Vi, run... They got me... but they must not catch you! Go, jump over them, you're capable... It's over with me..."

Violet turned pallid. How was she supposed to run away from her mother? And where would she  go? If only she could convince the officers... but it was too late already. They had been surrounded, and no one knew what would happen at the moment they dared to make a single move... All they could do was wait.

In a matter of minutes, another officer appeared, probably the Chief.

"Chief, here they are! Safe and sound!"

"Nice! Now leave us alone for a while." The Chief commanded.

"Yessir!" The entire squadron left the underbrush. Now, Judy stood face – to – face with the Chief in question.

"So... you are my assassin, I guess?" Judy barely spoke. She was entirely exhausted, all she could do was talk... Yet, she would not go quietly. She wanted some answers, even though they seemed meaningless now, at her very end...

"Okay, finish me... but I swear you... spare my daughter... she is innocent. What has she done? Nothing. She is completely innocent... It is my death wish... Please, I beg you... Judy's voice trembled. The officer obviously seemed shocked. Then, he started.

"Judy.... All I expected... but never did I expect to hear this." He shook his head in disbelief. "Judy, Dear, did you not recognize me?" he asked, his voice trembling as well.

Judy shook her head. She knew it was over... whoever this officer was, it was clear what he wanted... And they have probably achieved it at last. But why.... Judy thought why did Violet stand still?

Then, the officer took off his mask and revealed himself. Judy lost her breath.

N –N – N –N NNICK! 

She gasped. No... this could not be! He.... He got kidnapped and then.... And then... there was no way he... he... it was too much for Judy. Reversal after reversal, and then this... It was a miracle... It could not be happening... No...

"No..." she spoke. "You cannot be him.... It cannot be... Nick..." Judy passed out.

"Judy! I need backup, NOW!" Nick shouted. But then, he realized... somebody was standing behind him. He turned around and stood face – to – face with..... Violet. She was staring at him half – angry, half – surprised. But little did he know what was to happen...