Chapter 13

I woke up to Drake nudging me with his talon.

"Is Link better?" I asked him, worried.

"Kaliq said he would live, but I'm trying to figure out who could of did this to him."

"Isn't it obvious? It's the Nikkas."

"But why?"

I searched through my mind and I nearly smacked myself. It was so obvious.

"It must be Kaliq's father. Kaliq's father probably still blames Kaliq for his mother's death."

"But how does he know Kaliq is here?"

"I guess we have to find that out for ourselves. Anyway let's go see Link."

I got up from the nest and slipped out into the forest. I flapped my wings and flew up into the sky.

Moments later I landed on the windowsill to Kaliq's tree house. I crept in and saw Link laying there, breathing shallowly.

He had cobwebs over the arrow wounds and most of the blood had been cleaned up.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by Kaliq, who was sitting next to Link.

"He's doing better now and will live. He won't be able to walk for a little while after he wakes up, but other than that he's okay."

"Thank you Kaliq."

He nodded, saying nothing and gestured for me to sit next to Link.

I flew over and sat next to Link and we sat in silence for a while before I decided to break it.

"Your father did this."

"Why?"

"You know why."

Kaliq states off into the distance, a tear rolling down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away, but more were coming. He was crying.

I was about to say something but he stood up and walked over to a small oak desk in the corner of the room.

"We need to do something about this. Someone needs to always be on look out. We can't let this happen again."

I nodded and flew over. Together we decided where we should place each Teekas for the area to be properly defended.

I sighed as I looked over the plans. Kaliq was confident that our plan would work. That we would confirm if it was his father and we could figure out were their base of operation is.

I had a bad feeling that something would go wrong in our plan, but each time I read it I couldn't find any flaws. It seemed like the perfect plan.

So what could be missing?
————————————————————————
Sorry for not updating. I don't have an excuse. I guess I just got bored of writing, but hopefully now I will update more often. I can't promise you anything tho. I love all you Dragon Babies!

DragonMother21