Chapter 8

I was watching, fondly, as my hatchlings tumbled around, playing.

All of a sudden a worried Drake came into the den.

"Drake, what's wrong?????" I asked once I noticed the worried look in Drake's eyes.

"Kaliq is going crazy, muttering about some darkness is coming to take over."

I was immediately worried. I stood and without a word I flew out of the den. I came over to Kaliq's tree house and I went inside.

I saw Kaliq pacing around the room, a mad look in his eyes. When he heard me come in he looked at me and said, "Darkness is coming! I saw it! It swallowed the light and it came closer to me and I was powerless to stop it!"

I was worried at Kaliq's tone of voice. He was sure of what happened.

When Kaliq saw the doubt that flashed in my eyes he frowned.

"None of you believe me! You should because if you aren't prepared you might be swallowed by this coming darkness!"

"Maybe your right! But maybe this 'darkness' isn't trying to kill us."

"I know what I saw! The darkness is coming," Kaliq pauses and looked at me with an ominous look in his eyes, "The darkness is coming to kill us all!"

I sighed. I wasn't getting through to him, but he had calmed down more. I decided to leave, nothing would convince him that this "darkness" was nothing.

I flew out of the tree house and outside into the wind. I decided to grab a snack before I went back to the den.

I flew over to a small berry patch. I settled down and I ate some of the berries.

Once I was done I sighed. I would need to go back to the hatchlings. I would have to leave the feeling of the soft wind against my body and the smells of the soft earth.

I shook myself off and I went back to my hatchlings. They were four days old. One more day and they would learn to fly. Then they would be able to join me as a I went berry picking.

At that time they would leave the den and never go back to it. They would follow me and Drake around until they are two weeks. Then they will go wherever they want.

I reached the den and I went inside.

Drake saw me and asked. "So what happened?"

"He is still convinced about this darkness."

"Why is this darkness so important?"

"I don't know, but it seems important to him!"

"Hmmmmm", Was Drake's reply as he was in deep thought.
————————————————————————
Sorry for the short chapter!!!! Hope you all are enjoying! The main part of the story is coming! I kinda realized that all I've been doing lately is talking about Zoey and Drake watching their hatchlings or telling about backstories so I decided to make it interesting. I've decided to lead up to the big......... well I can't say anything otherwise I'll spoil it! Let me just say it will be interesting!!!!! I have this one great idea that will make the story a whole lot more interesting!!!!
Anyway, I love all you Dragon Babies!!!

DragonMother21