Chapter 5

"So I was wondering what do we even do as second in commands????" I asked Drake.

Drake chuckled and replied, "We help the king make choices, make peace, and lastly we support our king in choices that he makes."

I nodded and settled around our hatchlings. Zelda nudged me and croaked. I guessed that it was her way of saying that she was hungry.

I looked back at Drake, "Could you bring them some food! I'm sure they will appreciate it!"

Drake nodded at my words and went out of the den.

I looked back at my hatchlings and I felt a prod in my mind like someone was trying to open up the door to my mind. They wanted to speak to me. I let the voice in and I heard a voice I never heard before.

"Is......da.......daaaaaa........dad.........go......
going.........to.......bri..........brin......bring.......us.........foo..........food?"

After I heard the voice say dad I knew right away it was one of my hatchlings and from the sound of it they were having trouble forming their words.

I responded back to the voice, which I knew was a females because no male could have such a melodic voice, "Zelda, is that you?"

I instantly got a reply back, "Ye......ye.....yes!"

I smiled at that. It was very admirable that she had a hard time saying things, but yet still tried.

Just then Drake came back with lots of berries. He could barely walk. I laughed at the look of him. He was holding lots of berries in his mouth and he was trying to balance on just one paw!!!!!!

"I have berries!!!!!"

"Yeah it looks like it!!!!" I laughed.

He dropped all of the berries and our hatchlings rushed to try and get a berry.

I chuckled at them, "Share!"

They didn't try and reply and it looked like they ignored me. I sighed it would be a lot of work to try and make them do something when they ignored me.

"Can you look after the hatchlings while I fly around for a bit?"

"Sure." Drake replied.

I went out of the den and I stretched my wings. I winced, my wings were cramped because I didn't use them in the last day. I spread out my wings trying to work out the cramps in my muscles.

When the cramps were mostly gone I spread out my wings and I took flight.

People are always wondering how birds felt when they fly and well it's an amazing feeling. It feels like you are on cloud nine. The gentle breeze at your wings. The feeling that you are free.

If someone asked me what my favorite sport would be I would usually say soccer if I was human. But now I was not human and flying felt so good that I would always say flying.

I was enjoying flying so much but I knew that I had to go back and take care of my hatchlings.
So I redirected my flight and turned around, flying back to my hatchlings.

I arrived back to the den and went in. Drake looked worn out already.

"If I knew that taking care of hatchlings would be this hard then I would of never had any."

I smirked at him. "YOU were the one that wanted hatchlings!"

Drake narrowed his eyes at me, "No one told me it would be this hard!!!!!!"

I just laughed at him, "awwwww poor baby can't handle children awwww that's so sad." I said to him in a baby voice.

"I'm not a baby!!!!"

I smirked at him again. Drake huffed at me and went out of the den. I laughed to myself and curled around our hatchlings.

Link used his sharp hatchling claws to try and claw at me. I winced, it didn't draw blood though it was a sharp pain.

Link looked back at his claws and used them on his sister, Mipha. Mipha hissed in alarm and tackled him. Link squeaked in surprise and tried to get away from Mipha.

Zelda looked over at the tumbling hatchlings and leaped in. Link and Mipha squeaked in alarm. That caused Mipha's grip to falter enough for Link to wiggle out.

Zelda puffed out her chest, she had saved her brother from their sister. I chuckled at them. They all had pretty different personalities.

Zelda was the braver one and the one to try new things.

Link was the one who loved to tackle his sisters. He would probably be the one to start the play fights.

Mipha was the smartest one. She knew how to make it so that someone, in this case Link, couldn't escape her grip. Of course when something surprised her her grip would falter. So that someone could escape her grip.

"Drake, where did you fly off to?" I mind linked Drake beginning to wonder where Drake could be.

"I'm helping build the house for our king to live in!" Drake replied back.

I sighed, Drake just did not want to care for our hatchlings because it was way too hard for him.

I was brought out of my thoughts by my hatchlings tumbling into me. It was like they had endless energy!!!!! When would they run out of energy?

I looked closely at them and I realized they were beginning to tire out. That was a huge relief. I didn't know what to do if they did have endless energy.

I stopped their playing and I made them curl up next to my belly.

A few moments later and they were asleep. I decided to contact Drake.

"I'm sure you would like to know that our hatchlings are asleep and that I am going to go to sleep as well!"

"Okay! I'll be there as quick as I can!" Was the reply back.

Some time later Drake came into the den. He curled up on the other side of our hatchlings. He laid his head down and I laid my head down next to his.

We fell asleep together as a family!
————————————————————————
OMG!!!! Guys this is the longest chapter yet! It is 1014 words long!!!! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! I'll see you all next week when I publish the next chapter! Oh and btw RedWoodStables and I are doing a story together! It is going to be a warrior cat story so if you love warrior cats then go check out the story when it is online! I'll tell you all in my profile summary (or whatever the thing is called) when the story is online!
We are going to make a new account together so we both can write the story.
I love all you Dragon Babies!!!!!!!

DragonMother21