Chapter 7

"Drake! I learned a lot about our king, Kaliq."

"What did you learn about him?"

"He's been through so much for just a child!"

Drake stayed silent looking into the distance. A sorrow look in his eyes.

"Drake, what's wrong?"

"I guess you could say we had a similar past."

"What happened?"

"I was beat up as a child."

"Why???????"

"I was a bastard! My dad beat me because I wasn't his biological son."

"Who would do such a thing????"

"I was always bullied! One day I was outside of my dad's house and I got stolen and turned into a Teekas."

I was sad for him. How could anyone do that? It wasn't Drake's fault. He didn't ask to be a bastard child. No one did.

Drake turned to look at me and almost as if he knew what I was thinking he said, "don't feel bad for me! That's what made me strong today."

I nodded and tried to suppress the feeling of pity.

Drake shook himself, like he wanted to get rid of bad memories.

"Enough of this! I'm gonna grab some berries for our hatchlings."

I nodded and he flew off. I leaped up from where we had perched and I flew back to the den.

I went inside and Kayla, a white Teekas, was trying to get the hatchlings from biting her talons.

I laughed at the sight. Kayla turned to look at me and was instantly pinned by three small hatchlings.

"Hatchlings, get off of Kayla!"

The hatchlings obeyed and got off of Kayla. Zelda ran up to me. She clawed at me and croaked. Zelda was hungry.

"Kayla, you can leave."

Kayla sighed looking happy to be able to leave.

I put my talon in front of the hatchlings and they tried to pounce on it. I quickly moved my talon away and they crashed into each other.
They looked over at me, annoyed.

They teamed up and leaped on me. I fell over and I batted them with my talons, making sure my claws were put away.

I continued to play with them until Drake got back. Drake dropped some berries onto the ground and our hatchlings leaped on the berries.

Drake came over to me and dropped three berries at my talons.

"I saved three for you. I knew the berries were gonna get ravished by our hatchlings so I made sure to keep some safe."

I smiled at him and I began to gnaw on the berries.

I finished the berries and I curled up around our sleepy hatchlings. I fell asleep with Drake watching over us.
————————————————————————
Hope you all enjoyed! Sorry for the short chapter. Me and RedWoodStables decided that we would publish our warrior cats story when we finished! We are on chapter 2. If you all are enjoying the book then vote, comment, and follow me!
I love all you Dragon Babies!!!!!

DragonMother21