Chapter 6

I decided to go see our king. I wanted to learn more about him. So Drake was staying in the den with our hatchlings.

"Well I'm off!"

Drake huffed and I laughed. Drake knew that it was hard work to take care of our hatchlings!

I flew out of the den and into the sky. I flew all the way to our king's tree house. I flew in one of the small flaps and landed on a table that our king was sitting at.

"Oh, hello." Our king said once he noticed me.

"I've come to get to know you!" He looked surprised when I said that.

"What do you want to know about me?"

"For starters, your name and just tell me your life story!"

"My name is Kaliq. It means creative in Arabic. So my life starts when my mom died giving birth to me. My father disowned me saying that 'no son of his would kill his own mother'. I was unwanted and sent to a place for orphans. Some other Neekas took care of me. They didn't really like me. They taught me how to live on my own, to hunt for my own food. Once I knew how to live on my own they threw me out. I was living on my own and well then you all found me."

"That's a sad life!"

"Well it was my life! Anyway tell me about your life!"

"Oh well I wasn't always a Treekas. I was a human before. I had a normal childhood. I was very smart as a child. My teachers knew I was very smart so they sent me to this school for smart people, I went there and it was pretty challenging. When I finally got to college I got kidnapped. These other humans wanted me. I still have no idea why but they wanted me to use me as an experiment. They turned me and every other person they caught into a hybrid. A hybrid of what they thought was just a wolf and a tiger. Turns out we are also part dragon as well. They didn't call us Teekas. We came up with that name for ourselves. When your kind attacked we managed to escape and live here. And well I found Drake as my mate and now we have hatchlings."

"Your life sounded rough!"

"Not as bad as yours sounded!"

"I would of hated if I got turned into something against my will!"

"Well it saves us from being killed by your kind. All the humans were killed. So if we were humans we would of been killed."

"Thank you for telling me about your life story!"

"Your welcome! I think I better be going back to my hatchlings now. Who knows how much trouble they've been up to!!!!"

Kaliq chuckled, "I hope Drake would of handled it!"

I nodded. I then spread out my wings and jumped off the table. I flew out of the tree house and into the fresh breeze. I would of liked to stay up in the breeze flying but I knew I had to get back to my hatchlings. So I flew back to the den.

I landed and went inside to see Drake trying to get all of our hatchlings to stop gnawing on his feet. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Drake turned around and spotted me.

"Hey!!!!! You think this is funny????!!!!!"

Him just sounding so angry made me laugh even harder. He just looked so funny and him being angry about it made it seem a whole lot funnier.
————————————————————————
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!!! I'm sorry that it was so short!!! I'm sick so it was harder to do a chapter but I still decided to publish a chapter!!!! This chapter was just so you got to know more about Zoey, the main character and the king, who you found out is named Kaliq. I've got some news about the story that RedWoodStables and I are writing. We just started the prologue!!!! I'm so excited for the story that we are doing together!!!! I'm already loving to write the story!!!!
Anyway, I love all you Dragon Babies!!!!!

DragonMother21