Chapter 16

Since this whole ordeal had started, a total of 3 months have passed. Today was, hopefully, the day where all this drama would come to an end.

Makarov and his team met up with Lahar, Doranbolt and their soldiers. According to Lily's recon work, they guild members were ready for a fight. Before Lisanna's disappearance, she left instructions for them to fight to the death if any one of them showed up at the guild. This obviously caused a change in Makarov's plans.

They were all standing outside the guild.

"So here is the plan: Lily, you will fly into the guild as you usually do and you will begin to drop the smoke bombs. Doranbolt, you will do the same by teleporting in an out of the guild but you will pop up in different areas. The brats will be confused." Makarov calmly instructed.

"According to the medicine woman, the gas will take longer to work, so we will have to wait about 5 hours before we go in" Gajeel added.

"Are you two ready?" Makarov looked at Lily and Doranbolt; they both nodded their agreement.

Gajeel wished his partner good luck and Lily flew off with the bombs.

Lily had a total of 10 bombs with him. He sneaked into the guild through the ceiling window and began dropping the bombs as he flew around from a high altitude.

The guild members weren't prepared for the surprise attack and they immediately began to scramble. Through the smoke, they weren't able to see much and some members already began to lose consciousness. Doranbolt began his attack as well and teleported in and out of the guild, setting off bombs throughout the guildhall.

Grey was shooting out ice spears in random direction. However, he was slowly weakening, he tried to fight the smoke but it was a losing battle. Juvia had already passed out.

Eventually Erza was the last one standing, the walls were adorned with swords. Doranbolt was almost hit the last time he teleported in. Since she was too strong for the gas, Makarov ordered Doranbolt to grab her and bring her to them. It wasn't an easy fight but he managed to detain her with magic cancelling handcuffs.

Lahar had a rune cell prepared for her and Mira was in there waiting. She was the one who would administer the serum via syringe.

Once the cell, the handcuffs didn't last long and Mira had to use her Satan-Soul Takeover to fight her. After about an hour of fighting, both S-Class mages were exhausted but Mira managed to get the upper hand and finally stab Erza in the neck.

Once Titania passed out, Lahar still kept the runes in place, as precautionary measure.

While they waited, Makarov took the opportunity to contact Natsu and Lucy, they were at home, with them were Sting, Rogue and Yukino. Yukino and Wendy decided to throw a mini-baby shower for Lucy. She was three months along and already started to show. Since she was carrying a dragon slayer, her pregnancy wasn't a normal one; the child was growing at a slightly faster rate.

"So Gramps, how did the mission go?" Natsu asked

"We are still waiting for the results. So tell me, how is Lucy in all this?"

"She is doing fine" While Natsu said that, a fireball flew past him; thankfully he ate the flames in time before any serious damage was done. Makarov raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, we are expecting a dragon slayer!" Natsu exclaimed, however, he noticed Makarov pale.

It took a few moments to compose himself before he congratulated the couple.

"Yeah, currently, Lucy is coughing up fire balls. It's all good though, the fire is delicious!" Natsu was grinning.

"That's wonderful my boy. Hopefully I will be able to see you all soon and we can celebrate the news in person with everyone else" Makarov happily replied.

At that moment, Lucy decided to intervene and decided to ask about Lisanna.

"Master, was she in the guild when you attacked?"

Makarov's expression grew cold.

"I am sorry my child, but it seems Lisanna caught on to our plans and managed to escape. She is currently on the run, which means that you aren't safe. Hopefully, with you back home, we can better protect you both."

Natsu's face hardened, he was furious that she managed to get away. He was fed up with hiding and he wanted to go home. He wanted to work on the house and expand it. He also wanted to move Lucy's things into his home, which was now their home.

Makarov had to end their conversation when he heard Erza stir from her slumber. He promised to call them back once they had news about the others.

Once Erza sat up, she immediately hugged her shoulders and began to cry. Mira was first to console her. Like the others, Erza remembered everything and was remorseful of her actions.

"Master, how can she do this to us? I can't believe we did that to Lucy." Erza sobbed.

"My child, it was none of your doing. Lisanna lost her way and we will find her and bring her to justice. A warrant is out for her arrest, she will have nowhere to hide for long," Makarov informed her.

Mira was saddened by the news but knew that there was no other choice. Her sister committed a grave crime and had to be brought to justice. Once Erza calmed down, the runes were removed and she was able to walk around. She chatted with Laxus and Gajeel about what transpired over the last couple of months.

A few hours passed and the other guild members began to wake up. Elfman and Cana were first to walk out of the guild. Both looked completely depressed and remorseful for their actions.

"How do we get past this? We betrayed a family member. We were betrayed by another?" Cana asked, her eyes red from crying.

"Why did Lisanna do this to us?" Elfman was crying like a child; Mira kept rubbing his back to comfort him.

Laxus and Erza decided to walk into the guild. The scene was sombre. Guild members were comforting one another.

Juvia had her face buried in Gray's chest, crying her eyes out. Gray held anger and hatred in his eyes.

Erza walked up to them and see how they were holding up.

"Lisanna just declared war on Fairy Tail" was all he said.

Elsewhere, Lisanna was forced to go into hiding. The warrant for her arrest was spread throughout Fiore.

"Damn it! Now I have to take things into my own hands! Rest assured Lucy, you will pay for stealing Natsu away from me. You will pay with your life!" Lisanna was looking at an assortment of knives.