☁️Kirishima x Reader (Fantasy AU): Little Dragon

Start from the beginning

"Hm? Yes, why?"

"I was just thinking... that might be a good home for it." He dawned a crooked smile; anything to get you out of this place.

"You're right. It wont be able to survive here on its own." You stood and cradled it in your arms, ascending the dark staircase until sunlight burned your retinas. Midoriya used his sword to hack some of the greenery- he wished he'd thought to do that in the first place- and guided you back towards the village. The two of you made it halfway through the forest before-

CRACK

"Eh?!" A limb burst forth from the shell. It was... a human hand?! "Uhhh... Midoriya?!" He turned swiftly when he heard the waver in your voice. He gasped upon seeing the bizarre spectacle. "Did your mother tell you that babies come from eggs?"

"She never told me where babies come from... but I can't say I expected this." His big green eyes widened as the strange child fought to escape from his prison. With one last violent crack, the creature burst forth, unfolding itself in your arms.

"RAAAAH!" The baby opened its mouth and you could see the aberrant pointed teeth that dwelled within. Its eyes glowed red, staring unblinking at your face.

"What is that thing?!" Izuku noticed a tail hanging between its legs before you did. You were still trapped in the crimson gaze of this horned baby boy. "I think there's something wrong with it!" Before you knew it, Midoriya had snatched it from your grasp to prevent it from harming you.

"Wait... I don't think it's dangerous." You stepped closer as the child wriggled violently in his grasp, slapping his freckled cheek with his tail as he did so.

"Ack! How can you be sure?" He held it at arms length and gawked in horror when he caught sight of two tiny red wings unfolding from his back. "Ahh!" He sat the lizard-human hybrid down instantly and grabbed your wrist, pulling you away.

"Wha?!"

"We have to run, Lady L/N!" You saw the tiny child reach out to you before he disappeared behind the trees.

"What are you doing, Midoriya?!" You yanked your arm from his grasp.

"It had wings! I think it might be a demon!" You blinked in amazement when you heard that. Izuku lowered his voice. "We don't know what that is or where it came from. ...I think we should just leave it."

"..." You pondered that for a moment before you heard something over the hill, the sound of the creature's cries. It sounded lonely and frightened. You and Midoriya shared a significant glance before walking back towards it. The small redhead was on shaky hands and knees, crawling in the direction you two had fled.

"Ahhr." The child let out a tiny exclamation of joy when it saw you and Midoriya, a hopeful smile contradicting his tearstained face. It was more than enough to tug at your heartstrings. You looked over to your adventurous companion when you heard a sniffle.

"Midoriya, are you crying too?"

"No." He swiftly wiped the corners of his eyes and approached the child. "I just realized that you were right. It's small and helpless. It wouldn't be right to just abandon it." You smiled.

"Well then... if we're keeping him we better figure out what he eats."

"I bet Sero would know! His father's the best baker in town!"

"Good idea."

"Erk... I think it's carnivorous..."

"What makes you say tha-" You turned to see the tiny creature with its spiked teeth sunk into Midoriya's index finger. "Oh..." You winced before pulling the child off of him. Up close it almost appeared that the baby's hair was fuller than it had been when it hatched. ...But that couldn't be, could it? Not to mention it struck you as terribly abnormal that the newborn was able to crawl within moments of birth. You decided to shove the thought aside as you began your trek back into town. Fortunately the town square was pretty scarce, making it easy for you and Midoriya to slip your way into the back door of the Sero Bakery.