🎃☁️Various x Reader: Weirder Stuff 3

Chapter 3: The Monster (For ShimaDeGoat and Silly_Fifi)

You hooked arms with Shigaraki, careful to not touch his hand by accident. He explained more of his situation as you walked.

"So you're saying this... thing... isn't even from our world?!" You kept your voice in hushed tones, lest you be caught by the men searching in the forest.

"It's some kind of semi-aquatic creature. So stay away from the-"

Your ringtone went off, startling you.

"Hello?"

"Hi F/N. Are you okay?" Midoirya's concerned tone permeated your ear drums.

"Yeah..."

"Because I found everyone else and hadn't heard from you. I was worried you might be lost or something."

"No. I'm fine. I... just stopped to grab a drink at the shop in town." You lied. "I was going to call you after."

"Oh. I see... Well, where are you now?"

"Uh..." You met Tomura's questioning red eyes. "Krrrsh. I'm uh- losing signal... krrrsssh."

"F/N?"

"I'll call you back in a bit. Bye!" You hung up with a sigh.

"Who was that?"

"Just someone in my class."

"A boyfriend?" He frowned at the ground.

"Ah- no!" You walked a little faster. "We're just friends..."

"Friends..." He repeated the word, as if the concept was foreign to him. By this time you had made it back to the campsite. You now were a bit aggravated by the fact that Momo had brought a tent for everyone, which hindered the option of you hiding Tomura in your own tent. You had, however, brought a hammock with you.

"Wait here." You told him, then strolled into the big tent to grab it, giving Bakugou a generic "Hey" on your way. He ignored it. For once you were thankful of his apathy towards everyone and their business. It meant that you didn't have to worry about him growing suspicious and finding out your secret.

"What's that?" Shigaraki pointed.

"It's a hammock. It's like a bed to hang on trees so you don't have to sleep on the ground." You tied it a considerable walk away from the camp, hoping nobody would accidentally stumble upon it. "Uh oh..." The voices of people echoed in your ears. You sighed in relief when you recognized them to be your classmates and not the bad men. They were all returning to camp for the night, chatting away about how much candy they had secured. You tightened the hammock string with a final tug and grunt. "There. You should be safe until morning and I'll come back for you. Stay hidden."

"Wait." He stopped you, voice shrouded in worry.

"What?"

"Promise."

"...I promise." You grabbed your bag of candy, leaving a pile for him to eat. "I'll try to sneak out here tonight if I get the chance..." And with that, you ran down the large hill, trying to catch your breath quickly before the others found you.

"F/N!" Midoriya exclaimed upon seeing you. He ran up towards you, grasping your hands. "I was so worried-"

"I lost service out here." You said, scratching the back of your neck. "Sorry. I figured you'd come back to camp eventually."

"I almost came to look for you."

"Well, I'm safe." You smiled, and he sighed in relief.

"Good."