☁️Izuku x Reader: Birthday Special

Had to crap this one out really fast since it's his birthday today. Still set in the dorms of UA because plots can't happen with parents in the way.

"N-no! You uh... can't come." You winced, knowing how obvious and out of character your words were.

"Oh..." Midoriya frowned, a mix of surprise and hurt appearing on his features. "Can I ask why?"

"Why?" You frantically searched your brain for a reasonable excuse but none came to you. "W-well... it's just a couple of uh... party people. Not really the kind you hang out with. You'd probably be bored..."

"Oh, I don't mind. If they're friends with you, I'm sure I'll like them." He said in his usual optimistic way, approaching the door.

"No!" You asserted, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Ah... er... that is... you might not fit in."

"I see..." He looked down at the floor. You bit your lip in regret when you saw him visibly recoil. "I guess I'll... see you later then..."

"Yeah..." You shuffled backwards towards the door. "But hey! I'll text you the minute I get back, okay?" You smiled brightly, hoping that would make up for the situation.

"Deal." He waved, giving you a proper sendoff. You sighed once he was out of sight. You felt terribly guilty for excluding him, but you couldn't let him come and spoil the surprise.

You met up with a few key classmates at the mall, shopping for birthday presents and supplies for Midoriya. His special day was coming up fast and you had to make sure it was as extraordinary as possible. However, that took significant planning. This wasn't the first time this week that you had evaded plans with Izuku for the sake of organizing this blowout. You wouldn't let him into your dorm room recently either since it had transformed into a veritable stockpile of party supplies.

You returned from the store, too exhausted to do any more, and passed out on your bed. At the school building the next day, you found yourself asking All Might to make an appearance at the special event. As the coordinator, everyone was relying on you to make every piece fall into place. You yawned, walking by the library on the way back to the dorm.

*sniff*

A choked sob stopped you in your tracks. You listened in, recognizing it immediately to be Midoriya. You peeked around the corner, noticing him confiding in Uraraka.

"She's just... been avoiding me recently." Izuku sniffled, voice soaked in sorrow. You furrowed your brows, wondering what horrid person made your dearest of friends cry. "She said... she'd text me last night and didn't..." Your breath hitched in your throat, realizing that the despicable offender was you. Getting so caught up in planning, you had completely neglected his feelings.

"I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, Deku." She replied, trying to cover you.

"I just..." He fought back a sob, tears falling freely down his face. "I feel like she doesn't want to spend time with me now... Like... she doesn't... like me anymore..." His voice broke, and his head fell to the table. You felt your heart shatter, tears building behind your own eyes. You were about to run in, completely blow the lid off this whole secret, but you caught Ochako's eye from the doorway before you stepped in. She shook her head at you, patting his hair in comfort.

"That's not true, Deku. Of course she likes you. I'm sure there's a good reason that she's so busy." She threw you a significant glance. "Maybe you should talk to her about it."

You knew what that meant. You swallowed your guilt and ran to the nearest bathroom, dialing Midoriya's number.

"Hello?" He squeaked miserably.