End-summer-fest

Last day of summer. The day when holidays end and school period starts.

El felt so good about it. She was happy that she spent this amazing summer in the outside world. Her previous summers were spent in Hawkins Lab and the only thing she could do was drawing boring stuff. But in this summer, she could do whatever she wanted. Eating candy, going for walks with her friends, swimming, playing, having sleepovers freely. Yeah, this summer was the best and El couldn't be happier for it.

She was even happier for the following days. The school would start, and the little girl was amazed and excited for new adventure. She had spent a lot hours in studying, and she was almost in the same knowledge level as the most students of her age (of course not as Mike, Dustin, Lucas and Will, they were nerds).

Plus, today was the day of the End-summer-fest.

It was a Hawkins' tradition. Every year, in the last day of the summer, a festival was held next to the Lover's lake. The festival had shops which were ran by civilians. There were also cafeterias, cinemas and amusement parks, all set up just for the event. 

And Eleven couldn't wait to go there.

She wore her beautiful floral dress-the one that Kali sent her for her birthday- and her glamorous white sandals. She made her hair in two Dutch braids and wore a white matching backpack.

All she had to do now, was to wait for Maxine Mayfield to come and pick her up. Max had never gone to the festival too, as it was her first summer in hawkind too, so both girls were excited.

The doorbell rang, and El went to open the door, as Hopper had already gone with Joyce to the event.

"Hey, good morning" max said

"Hey Maxine!" el replied

"Let's go. And never call me Maxine" she said angrily

"I think Maxine is bitchin'" El said and smiled, to which Max smiled back

The two girls walked and, when they arrived at the lake, couldn't recognise it.

It was like a small city: they could see countless restaurants and cafeterias, cinemas, clothes and other kinds of shops, photograph booths, and an amusement park. All of them set up for one day.

"WOW" both el and max said

"Yeah, i know, it's amazing" lucas said behind them

Max went straight to him, hugged him and placed a warm kiss to his lips, in which both teens blushed

"Ew guys, get a room" Will said, who had come in the meantime

"Come on girls, you are here to have fun" Lucas said, ignoring Will's comment

"Mike and Dustin?" el asked "Won't they come?"

"Dustin will help Steeve at the shop. Mike said he would come. I guess he'll come to us when he sees us" Will the wise replied, and everybody went straight to enjoy the festival's facilities.

They paid 20$ at the ticket booth, where Nancy Wheeler cut their tickets and allowed them enter the fest, where the kids had an amazing time. They did all kind of activities, and even if they were exhausted, they were determined to try all of them: Firstly, they all bought funny hats from Dustin's mum's clothes shop. Secondly, they all went to a restaurant to eat pizza, but, as soon as they saw that Stacy was the waitress and that at the next table Karen, Ted, Hopper and Joyce were sat, they left emmediately. Thirdly, they went to scoops ahoy, where Dustin, Steeve and Robin offered them free ice-cream, because they were 'special guests'. And of course, as teens, they had a ride on the ferris wheel and went to the cinema. A movie called 'The Goonies' played on, and one of the children reminded them of Bob Newby, that superhero who risked his life to save theirs. Anyways, the movie was awesome. In the end, they went to the photo-booth, where Jonathan took some professional pictures of them.