Lover's lake

11:00 pm.

Eleven was sitting on her own in her room, reading 'Romeo and Juliete', the book that Karen had lended her. The two lovers were so adorable that she couldn't stop thinking about her own romance.

Suddenly, a knock was heard on her window, and, when she opened it, she came face to face with her own Romeo who was on his bike in the dark night.

"Mike, what are you doing here? It's eleven in the night!" she said surprised

"I...hmm...want to take a bath" he said shyly, like he hided something

"Your house has a bathroom Mike" she replied, thinking that Mike, a really goddamn smart boy told her something like that

"Not that kind of bath...I want to take you to the lover's lake to swim" he said

Eleven would love to join him. But deep down in her mind, she knew that she could not. Because, since when she was at the Hawkins lab, she has had a fear on water, because of the bath tube. And also, she didn't know how to swim.

"I ...don't know how..." she said, remembering saying the same line at the snowball

"We can figure it out...together. I promise" he smiled, as he remembered that day too.

He had convinced her. So, Eleven jumbed off the window, and on Mike's bike in the dark night. She was not going to tell or ask Hopper: the answer would be 'no'. So she just left in secret.

Lover's lake wasn't far, so soon enough they were there. 

They both got down of the bike and looked at the lake, while holding their hands: it was so romantic. Its perfect heart shape, and its waters were lit by the moon. 

Mike started taking off his clothes, and staying with only his suimsuit on. Eleven tried to not look at him, but it was impossible: how could she not stare at the best person in the world? Especially now that he had his suimsuit on?

They boy looked back at her pretending he didn't see her staring at him.

"I..stole one of my sister's suimsuits for you" he said and blushed. Then, he took a pink bikini out of his bag, and handed it to her

The girl whispered a small "thank you" and went behind some trees to change.

When she changed, she went back to Mike, feeling the suimsuit baggy, but, of course, Nancy was older than her so that was normal, right?

The boy was already into the water, his whole body was covered by water.

Eleven's fears woke up and she hesitated to dive in.

"Baby, come on, it's warm...I'm waiting for you"

"No, I'm afraid, let's go home Mike" she said frightened of the liquid in front of her

And before she could realise it, the boy had approached her, grabbed her hands and slowly led her into the water.

She could take her hands away, she had the chance, but, she trusted Mike so much, that she didn't need to. She knew that as long as she was with him, nothing would happen. Also, he had promised that he would help her, so, what's the use of worrying?

They were in the water now, and Mike never let his hands off hers, so that she could stay to the surface, because, as I said before, Eleven did not know how to swim.

"Here we are" he said "See? Nothing happened to you! And the water is safe"

He looked at him. She could hardly see his mouth and his nose because of the dark, but, she could look into his dark eyes. And she saw happiness and pleasure.

And, as her eyes were made to share expressions with his, she felt happiness and pleasure too.

And she felt the need for more pleasure.

She leaned in, in the point she thought his lips must be located, and connected them with hers.

It was a really strange kiss: most probably because their mouths and their faces were watery, but Eleven liked it. It was like water, one of her greatest fears, stopped being frightening and became enjoyable.

Thanks to Mike Wheeler

As they continued their amazing and passionate kiss, El placed her hands on his hair, which was the same length as hers now that it was wet, and grabbed it tightly.

And that was when Mike stop holding her hands and tried to cup her cheeks, not thinking about the concequences of his actions.

So, and because she had nothing to hold her up, Eleven started falling down to the water.

He quickly hepled her up, while she was really furious. On the other hand, Mike was laughing

"I almost got drowned! I swear I'll kill you Wheeler" she said angrily

"I picked you up! Your face didn't touch the water!" he said while smiling and laughing at the same time "And I bet that you cannot kill me. You love me, Hopper" he teased back, as her face softened

"I promise that I'll kill you when I stop loving you" she replied

"So, that means that you'll never kill me. You'll never stop loving me" he said with a smile, as he slowed his tongue at her. Both of the teens knew that he was right

"Maybe you are right...And stop calling me Hopper...I prefer Wheeler" she said with a smile

"What happened? Two minutes ago you said that you want to kill me and now you want to marry me?" he told her smilingly, wanting to tease her

"I just think that when you try to make me hate you, you make me love you more" she said with red cheeks, before she kissed him again.

And that time, he left his hands off hers, on purpose.

And she stayed to the surface on her own.

The need to stay with him, to have her lips interwined to his, made her body stay up to the water.

And that day, Eleven stoped being frightened of the water and learn how to swim, without any effort

Thanks to Mike Wheeler.

The boy she would do miracles for...

***

Congractulations to me for writing the biggest chapter of 'the summer of love'! lol

Sorry if it's too big for you and got bored, but I can say that I enjoyed writing it!

I love mileven, I love wattpad, I love this story, and most importantly, I love you dear readers<3

Thanks for your huge support guys, and I'm really happy that you've been sending me encouraging messages, cause that really gives me the power to continue writing! Thank you all!

Kisses till the next chapter,

~Iro~