the talk

"well i guess we"ll have to say goodnight now"

"Yeah but you know you actually owe me an explenation mike wheeler"el said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Mike blushed slightly but he nodded.

---

El went inside the house where hop was waiting for her siting on the couch.

"it's 10 o'clock el!what have you been doing!?"

"daddy you know i had gone out with mike"

"Yes and that's exactly why i'm worrying about-"

"WHAT?you worrying about what dad?i'm 14 and i know you want me to be a normal teenage girl but acting like this is going to make people more suspicious.I'm fine dad,i can protect myself way more than you can protect me.....so please daddy you know i love you and you know that mike is a good boy"el said giving him a hug and then running to her room.

Hop knew he was being overprotective but after all these things that have happened to her he couldn't be sure about anyone and anything.He also knew that mike really loved her and wasn't that kind of boy that in his mind would be only one thing....

He got up and went towards the phone.

"Hello?"

"Mike..."

"Oh...hi chief.What's up?"mike said swallowing hard being afraid of the fact that el might had told him the words she had heard....

"Listen..."

"No you listen chief.I really didn't ment to say those words in front of her,for real,and i didn't explained to her almost anyth-"

"Wait.What words.What are you talking about!?"

"Uhmmmmmm....what were you talking about?"

"Not for anything like this Wheeler"

"Ahmm...yeah right..."

"Anyway i don't know what you were even talking about but we must talk....alone."

"Of course chief anytime"

"Good,come to the police station tomorrow morning...i'll be waiting for you in my office"

"Sure chief,goodnight"

---

"Oh my god oh my god....I'm literally going to die"mike said to himself while he was getting away from the phone.

So many things were going through his mind that moment,maybe he wanted to talk about the walks with el or the sleepovers or he wanted to tell him to stay away from her or he might even want to discuss about the shit that came out of his mouth without even thinking!

Whatever it was it could not be good but he knew that nothing and nobody could keep them apart.

---

The next morning mike went terrified to the police station where chief waited for him.

"Mike...have a seat"he said with a weird look on his face

"Thanks...sooo what's the problem..."

"There's no problem...just we need to TALK. If you get what i mean..."

No mike didn't quite get him but he nodded.

"Look i know i've been dramatic and overprotective with el these past months but only because i love her....as i know that you do too...so i want to tell you-actually not tell you but give you the permission to act like a teenage couple.I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT THE LIMITS ARE and i want to trust you with that...just make her feel like a normal teenage girl,teach her things...like words,culture,habits of young people,generally make her feel loved and show her the world."

Mike was sitting there with almost his jaw dropped from what he had just heard.He didn't know what to say or do to show him how grateful he is for what hop just had said.

"I -you can trust me hop i promise that."

"Good now go to her she's waiting for you"

Mike got up and started for hop's house,with a big wide smile on his face knowing that from now on everything would change.