Sleepover

(age: eleven 13/ mike:14)

"wake up", el said 

"mmmm" he murmured in tiredness

"mike, wake up now", she said again, louder this time

"five more minutes? we slept late El"

"Mike, NOW", she said one last time and poked his shoulders.

The boy opened his eyes expecting to see the sunlight through his basement, but he did not. Instead, he saw his girlfriend's face surrounded by the darkness of the room.

"Why did you wake me up? It's only four-three-two", he said in her own language, after checking the clock

"I can't sleep" she stated

"Wait, you haven't slept at all?" He claimed surprised

"yes" she nodded

Mike sat on his bed, just like El was positioned. Her face was exhausted, but it still had the shininess it always had. However, Mike couldn't understand the reason, that's why he had to ask.

"why didn't you?"

El's eyes looked at him playfully and she smiled mysteriously.

"i like it so much here that I want to look around it forever"

"hmmm..." He smirked

"everything is pretty good" she said and observed her former home once again.

"you missed this place, right?"

"i definitely did"

"el, your language has improved a lot", mike said enthusiastically. Her smile widened at his encouraging words.

"do you think so? Hop has given me some fairytales. They are good. They help me"

It was true. Eleven's vocabulary had improved in all those months' length and she had been making a huge attempt to learn more. She had told Mike that she would like to start attending school lessons with him and the boys in September. She had even told that to Hopper too, so the chief pushed her harder in studying and asked Mike's mum-Karen Wheeler was excellent in English- to learn her how to read, write and other stuff.

So eleven had already started reading small books, and slowly made progress in understanding them. Basically, no one believed that she would ever be ready to attend school, but she had been really determined to. And her determination was proven resulting.

So, whenever Eleven went to Mike's house to study with his mother, she had the opportunity to see her lovely boyfriend. All those months- in Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays- Eleven was constantly visiting Mike's house. 

However, their parents didn't let them stay alone for long, cause maybe they were afraid of their kid's "safety", so they were always under control and spying. When el was at mike's, Karen was checking on them at least every one hour and Hopper-Mike was almost sure-had put a camera in El's bedroom. Oh, and he also always told them to keep the door open three inches, a thing that they both incredibly despised.

Hopper was basically the main problem. He was so strict during every mileven meeting and he didn't let them go out until late, even when they were not alone. He had El almost prisoned: he had some stupid rules about El's behaviour, like "you can't go out with the Wheeler, except for when you are at his house, only when his parents are around" or "you can only read books from MY library".  Mike thought Hopper hated him, he probably did, because he wanted El to be alone forever, only for himself. But his girlfriend had made it pretty clear to her father that Mike had come into her life to stay.