Carefree

(E/C) eyes widened feeling the warm lips of Yuliy's on her cold ones. It was so unexpected but it felt right. The sudden action shocked her as her tears stop. Her mind was blank; Yuliy's kiss filled her with a wave of pleasure and comfort. Blinking away remaining tears, (name) leaned her body closer to Yuliy's, deepening their kiss. 

Honestly, this moment felt like a dream to the two. The world felt closed off and revolved around them- this was their time in the world that no one could take away, no matter what they do. For a second, Yuliy was a little surprised when (name) kissed back but nonetheless, he let his actions speak for him. The feelings he poured into the kiss as if he was trying to say "I'm here. I'm here for you. Don't lock yourself from me." And "I've accepted you". 

Separating their lips, sapphire eyes gazed deeply a pair of (e/c) ones. Realizing how irrational his decision was, Yuliy's face boomed in the shade of bright red, "u-uh. S-sorry (name)! I-I just did what I thought would work! I swear I wasn't trying to make you uncomfortable- I-I..." aware of his rambling, Yuliy inhaled deeply before exhaling to ease his nerves and racing heart. 

Grinning at the older one's shy behavior, (name) let out a breathy giggle, "you idiot" she smiled. Yuliy caught her brightened atmosphere before pulling her into another embrace; his heart was still beating a million miles an hour and he was sure (name) could feel- or even hear it! But that didn't matter. All that mattered was that she wasn't crying or hurting. It killed him when she showed such a vulnerable and pathetic side that contradicted her usual strong and independent one.

Silence soon befell the two. (Name) was embarrassed; presenting herself in such a raw state after doing something so vile- she just felt... disgusted. Then again, Yuliy did come find her, hug her and kissed her in comfort. That made her self hatred waver. He cared enough to search for her despite her doing something only a monster would do.

A monster like herself.

Meanwhile, with Yuliy, he flushed at his bold move of kissing (name). Unexpected, that was true, but it felt right. Having her soft lips on his- like a puzzle. All the pieces together created a picture. A picture he imagined him and (name) in.

'Wait... what if she figured out I like her?' Yuliy's heart trembled. He didn't his relationship with (name) and that wasn't all he worried about.

He was worried about what could happen to them.

What if one of them died? They were so close to finding the Ark and if they died after just starting to date... that would be a worst-case scenario. It wouldn't be fair for either of them, so with his scared heart, Yuliy abandoned the thought of asking (name) to be his. He didn't want to risk hurting her or having himself hurt. Seeing her stand by him was more than enough already.

Looking down at the half-vampire, Yuliy noticed her biting her lips in anxiousness. "Um..." she started to vocalize; "I...I'm sorry" her voice trailed into a whisper that got carried by the wind. Nonetheless, Yuliy still caught it; having an idea why she was acting this way, Yuliy smiled softly, "I'm okay, (name)" he mumbled loud enough to reach her ears. 

(Name) gazed up at the Sirius with panicky (e/c) eyes stating "but I did the most unforgivable thing- I hurt you. The person who is dearest to me. You should be hating me instead of holding me up here on the roof." Maybe it was her insecurities trying to take over again but her (e/c) orns shook with terror. 

At this point, she wanted Yuliy to hate her. She needed him to hate her. Perhaps it was because she felt she deserved his hatred. Whatever the reason being, her heart shook in fear. 

And Yuliy saw this.

He saw the insecurities and wanted to share her burden with her. He was willing to go the distance to make her happy- even if for a single moment.