Here We Are

The night's cold and holds a summer wind as a group of five lie in wait on top of a roof; "do you think Kersher's really in there?" A red-haired man with hazel eyes asks as he steadies himself into place, ready to go at any given time. The one to answer him was a woman with tan skin and long black hair with green eyes, "either way, lets split into groups, just as the professor planned," she instructed. Unfortunately, there was one member who had already begun to move.

He jumped from roof to roof, his black and white hair bouncing with every motion. With a kick of the glass, the teenage male broke through the window from above where he landed in the middle of the floor below- surrounded by vampires. Looking up, he gave a smirk before a voice called from above, "oi Yuliy, you could've at least waited for us!" Beside him, a girl landed on her feet. Her (e/c) eyes that ombred to red gleamed brightly with the shine of the moon as her lips curved into a grin.

The one named Yuliy placed down an instrument case; opening it, he kicked out his three-sectioned staff as he catches it in mid-air enforcing sickle-like blades at each end. Meanwhile, the girl beside him opened an instrument case of her own. She took out a pair of gloves and reached in the pocket of the small bag that laid on her hip taking out a handful of wire.

Both jumped into action, Yuliy cutting down the enemy with his three-sectioned bladed staff, sliced through each vampire with amazing agility. (Name) jumped around attaching a part of the wire onto the candle holders before pulling with unimaginable strength; the wire had sliced through the vampire that was in the range of the wires. 

"Yuily! (Name)!" "Idiots!" An America-Irish man and British boy called out to the two teenagers who were fighting to their heart's content. "There's no helping it," the tanned woman that stood next to the two males said as she took out her gun- shooting at the vampires. 

With their own guns, the three used a rope to guide their way down onto the ground where the two teens who got a head start seemed to be focused on only the beasts they were fighting. 

After the fighting had died down, a man made his way into the building as he glanced around, "it seems like Kershner isn't here." The man said as he gazed the damage of the building. While he did that, the lode British walked up to Yuliy and (name), grabbing Yuliy's jacket he shouted "Yuliy! (Name)! Don't rush out on your own. Do you guys wanna die?" Unaffected, (name) shrugged her shoulders "we were already making our way closer to the vampires; and Yuliy and I acted as a group so technically we were going with the plan. Cool down, Philip." The British blonde named Philip glared at the (h/c) haired girl.

"Besides, didn't we wrap it up nicely?" Yuliy asked with a grin as he looked at (name) who nodded her head, "we did," she smiled back. Despite their laidback attitude, Philip walked off as he grumbled: "you... suicidal maniacs." "Suicidal?" "They must not value their own life." The two adults who were named Dorthea ad Fallon conversed while the group made their way out of the building. 

They all got in a car and began a group meeting, "to follow Kershner, we will follow them to Japan." Willard started off, "Japan? Like where the stories of the samurai's come from?" (Name) asked with eyes gleaming of curiosity. Dorthea laughed and answered "yes, that Japan," she said before she and (name) talked of what they've studied on Japan.

When the group of six got to the port, they all boarded the boat that was headed to Japan. The ocean wind smelled salty and felt cool against (name)'s face as she stood o the ow; she leaned on the rails, observing the birds that flew overhead ad the sea life that would swim past the ship. 

"As usual, you went overboard." (Name) looked behind her to see the professor talking with Yuliy. Not wanting to be rude, (name) turned her attention back to the passing sea life. The sound of the waves was relaxing, the wind was soothing, there was no vampire to hunt. It was an ideal time to take a breather from being a Jaeger.

The next day when the sun started to rise, the boat had arrived at the port of Japan. The group grabbed their luggage and headed into town where they were stared at by countless strangers, "we sure stand out a lot," Philip remarked upon seeing the locals' gazes. 

"Is that so? I don't think foreigners would be such a rarity nowadays." Dorthea remarked, not even bothering to look behind her; "maybe it's our clothes," (name) stated with an unsure voice.  Dorthea smiled "maybe it's because of my style," she said proudly, "true. There's a lot of meat stuffed up..." Fallon started to say before Dorthea pressed the heel of her boot into his feet causing the grown man to howl in pain.

(Name) giggle at the two before Willard told them: "in the name of Joui, this country would kill foreigners" he said before making his way towards Yuliy. A thought flashed through (name)'s head making her turn to Yuliy "by the way, Yuliy, don't you feel nostalgic?" She wondered. Yuliy had told her once that he was born in a small village on a mountain in the Japanese region.  

"It's my first time in the country so not really." 

Is what Yuliy said as he gazed at his surroundings. A man approached the group claiming to be from the Naoe family, the family that agreed to house them. At first, things were awkward because the ma tried to speak English; but thanks to Willard, he spoke to the man in Japanese. This seemed to have made the man feel secured as he told the team he was told to pick them up. 

The car ride was quiet as Philip and (name) stuck their heads out the window to take in their surroundings. It was a sight to behold. 

It didn't take to long to get to where they wanted to go; when they arrived at their destination, Philip was the first to jump out, followed by (name) and Yuliy who argued about each others' instrument cases being in the way.

"My instrument case isn't that big, your ass could fit in the seat just fine!" (Name) yelled at the Sirius, "it was a tight fit! I'm sure it's not so much work to place your case on your lap." Yuliy remarked back with an angry tone. 

Noticing they were being watched, the two looked up to see a girl with her hair tied back, "please make yourselves at home!" A man with dark row hair cheered catching the two bickering teens' attention. Willard had gone with the man while the five fighters were led by a maid to their rooms.

Here they were- in Japan.