Last Chapter

Twelve years later.....

It's hard to see people you loved go. It's even harder if you saw them die on your arms. It's been three years now. Three years since my wife and mate, Kendra Black, died.

I'm now old and wrinkly but still I'm content on how my life is. I'm nearing my death and I shall welcome it with open arms. My children are old enough to lead their lives.

I stare out the window of the pack hospital, remembering how my life evolved.

The small creak of the door informs me of a visitor. I turn my head slightly and gave a weak smile at my son. Claud has grown to be an amazing child. He is well mannered and just his mother. When Kendra died he was hit the hardest since he was so close to her.

There he is now, his shaggy brown hair brushed and swept off to the side his eyes glistering with tears. He was wearing a plaid button up with his usual black pants, his feet bare with crumbs of dirt and cement present. A sign that he's been out for a run, to his mother's grave no doubt. He slowly makes his way towards me with a grow etched deep in his face.

"Dad? Are you feeling any better?" My son whispered solemnly.

I offered him a weak smile, "What do you want to hear, Claud?" He instantly freezes and shales his head, "Dad, I think you've forgotten I go by Rhett now, remember?" I shook my head at him, "You are my son, Claud, Rhett, whichever you prefer. You are still the same little boy that his twin sister calls 'Cloudy', the same boy that used to be scared of confronting his crush, the same overprotective brother and son. And let's not forget you're still the little boy who loves his mom and looks for her everyday even when she's gone and you're still that boy who has his loved ones in his heart."

I took his hand in mine and held it tightly, "I know you don't want to be called by your first name because it hurts you. It hurts to know that my mate is gone, too. But I've learned to cope with it, son. I know your mother would be smiling and watching over us. Changing your name won't help you cope, Claud. You need to let go."

And there I witnessed, my strong son, shed a tear. Claud has always made me proud, I knew one day he would be the greatest Alpha alive. That's why it shocks me to see my son cry, never once ad he cried in front of me. Not once.

He kneeled down near my hospital bed and cupped his face with is hands, "I can't dad, I just can't. I miss mom and Esme, well, she isn't really here now is she? I can't let anyone call me by my name dad, it breaks me. I'm too scared to show any weaknesses that my enemies could use against me. I'm supposed to be an Alpha and here I am crying over my dead mother and lost sister."

I frowned, "Claud, you don't have to be strong all the time. An Alpha needs a weakness without it they wouldn't have limits, they wouldn't know what they're fighting for. Claud I need you to promise whatever happens you will open up to someone. Be it your mate or anyone. As for your sister, we will find her, Claud. You will find her. You've been a great son, Claud, your mother is proud and know I am, too."

I slowly start to feel light-headed and my eyesight starts to blur. I knew that it was my time. I've lived my life, I've been happy. Now, It's time to let this go and continue it in some other life.

Claud looked up from his hands and tears started dropping from his face. He let out a silent shout but all I heard was the voice of my mate and saw the bright light. I gave Claud one last smile and whispered in my last breath, "We love you, kids."

And this is where mine and Kendra's story really ends. Us fulfilling our lives, passions and dreams, then finally letting go.

----------------

The End. A bit touchy to end it here, right? VOTE and leave your thoughts in the comments. Only Positive, please. Love you all and I hope we'll meet again in a different tale.

Question:

Do you think I should do Claud and Esme a story?

Yes?

No?

- DESRA