07| Truth

Picture of Aidan^^^

Nothing anything was out of the ordinary after a little while. Although, I always had a feeling that something was wrong.

'Kendra? Can you do me a favor?' Reina asked.

'What kind of favor?' I asked.

She sighed, 'I need to you to give Aidan a chance, please.' I stopped whatever I did and paled. 'What.' I questioned.

'Give him a chance. I talked to his wolf. There is really something that happened just give him a chance, please...' She pleaded.

'Why the change of mind? First he was an asshole, then you want me to....give hime chance?' I scoffed.

She nodded and looked at me pleadingly, 'Please...just try?'

I nodded my head in confirmation and muttered and 'I'll think about it.' Before walking back towards my bed and jumped, the soft comforter hitting my back.

Just as I was about to sleep, a hurried knock coming from my door to be followed by howls and growls. For some reason, my wolf took over and everything went black from there.

•••

Ear-piercing yells and battle cries were heard.. I looked down to see my midnight fur glistening with blood. Not any of my pack's or ex-pack's blood but my enemy's.

My wolf had fully taken over and she pushed me back to the deepest part of my head. I wondered what it felt when she was in full-control. Now, I felt like I had been stashed away at the back of people's closets and I can only be seen if they choose to keep me out. In this case, when my wolf needs me.

Reina, my wolf, was looking in front of her and side-ways. There were no enemies near us. We were winning, the rouges were beginning to decrease. A lot of them were dying or severely injured and less of us were hurt.

Reina, let out a small smile at our victory, but only lasted a second. Before we knew it a rouge that was severely injured, bit onto our back. Reina let out a howl. We collapsed.

We were slowly losing our sense of sight, but before it did. A wolf came in front of us and ripped the rouge to shreds. Then the said wolf transformed into a beautiful man. He looked at me in the eyes and his lips moved but I couldn't hear.

I heard the words, 'Are you okay?' And 'Don't leave me.' Aswell as, 'We won.' And the last sounded below a whisper but I managed to hear it, 'I'm Sorry.'

What shocked me was that the person who had said those words and killed my attacker was none other than Aidan. My mate.

•••

"Is she going to be okay?" A deep familiar voice asked. I heard papers shuffling and a clicking of a pen, "Yes, Alpha she will be fine. She has lost a huge amount of blood  which caused her to be unconscious. Although her wolf was also in-control which helped since she recovered faster, along with the help of your blood-transfusion. She will be doing fine, Alpha." Another male voice answered.

Alpha? The only Alphas I now was Aidan and Blake. But me and Blake don't have the same blood. Leading the person to be...Aidan. He was the wolf that had saved me. He apologized. He gave me a blood-transfusion.

I instantly willed myself to wake up. My eyes fluttered open and I saw white blinding lights and hissed at the sight of it.

"Too bright!" I screamed, squinting.

I then heard heavy footsteps coming near me, along with the lights clicking off. I then felt a hand touch mine and I felt sparks all over.

I turned to my mate, Aidan. Yes, I have forgiven him but I still don't think I can consider him as a mate, just yet. After all, he might be doing this because he wants to play with me. I have to be cautious.

When he saw that I was conscious his eyes brightened and he smiled ever so widely, "Your awake! Thank goddess your awake. I don't know what would happen if you died." He said his voice wavering.

I smiled, softly. "I guess you'd have to live with it. After all, you almost killed my by rejecting me not too long ago." I said, my voice going bitter.

He frowned, guilty, "I'm so sorry. I was so stupid and a coward. I thought if I accepted you, you'd just get hurt, I guess I was so scared of loosing you. When I heard that Lunas have a high chance dying or getting kidnapped, I thought rejecting you would be for the best. But I didn't think by doing it, I was lost you."

He looked down, shamefully. "I'm so sorry."

To say I was shocked was an understatement. The reason he rejected me was for my safety? Why didn't he just say that? Instead of letting me think that I wasn't good enough? Why couldn't he fought for me, like mates do?

'He was young, Kendra. He didn't know what to do. He's sorry. He saved us. Aren't you thankful?' Reina said, growling slightly.

'You don't understand, Reina. I was hurt. I was pushed too far from the edge. I thought I was worthless and was never going to be good enough. I am thankful that he saved me, it's just I can't just forgive and forget that quickly. He hurt us, Reina.'  I answered. She hesitated on answering but she soon caved in and we were quiet.

I didn't notice the tears that fell from my face. When I did, I didn't have time to wash them away, Aidan had already wrapped his arms around me.

Sparks lit up evreywhere he touched me. He kept saying soothing things in my ears and repeating the word sorry.

"Kendra...please say something..." he whispered. I pulled away from him. "What do you want me to say Aidan? I'm thankful that you saved me, I really am. But I can't just forgive and forget that quickly." I whispered back.

He looked down, "I know." He said. "But please give me a chance. I'll be the mate I'm supposed to me. Just please give me a chance." He pleaded.

I thought about it for a moment. He did save me and he only rejected me because hr thought it was going to save me. Even though it most certainly did not.

I looked at his eyes, shining hope. I knew right then and there that I had forgiven him and I was willing to give him a chance.

I looked at him and smiled, "Okay."