14|Forever

Warning: The following chapter might be triggering and mature. I advise, for younger readers, to skip. If you don't want to. I'm not stopping you. Although, I will not be held responsible.
———
"They're getting nearer, Chlo." I heard a voice mutter, lowly.

"How are they doing this? Have you been anywhere near their territory, Cole?" Another voice whispered.

"No, the last time I went even near the line was when I needed to go to the city. Do you think they picked up on my scent?" The voice, Cole, said.

Who was getting nearer? Who was picking up scents?

"Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have hooked up with that..." I'm guessing, Chloe, was cut off.

"Seriously, Chlo! We're in the midst of hiding and you hooked-up with some rouge?!" The very mad Cole whisper-shouted. To be followed by a clang of metal.

"Look - I'm sorry. For what it's worth, I was drunk."

Stupid excuse if you ask me.

I heard a sharp intake of air, "That's bullshit, Chloe - you know what? How many guards are guarding, as of now?"

"Um - twelve? Why?"

They seriously think twelve us enough to take on an Alpha? You've gotta be kidding me.

"Damn it, Chloe! That's not even close to 1/4 of the men they brought! Are you insane?!" Cole thundered.

"Shut the fuck up, Cole. You'll wake her up. Wouldn't want her to know that her silly mate is after her, do we?" Chloe warned.

Aidan?

"Whatever, we need more men on guard. Seriously, what were you thinking?" Cole scolded.

"Fine, I'll find a couple more men. Till' then, watch her, okay?" Chloe groaned. Then a door slammed, I'm guessing Chloe left and Cole is the only one here in this room.

"You can open your eyes now."

What! He knows?

I peeped my eyes open and stared at him, confused.

"H-how?" I croaked. My voice was dry from the lack of water they had given me.

Cole rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Your body was way to tense to be sleeping. Besides, my voice was too loud." I nodded, reluctantly. "Why didn't you tell Chloe?"

He stared at me, "What good will that do? You still won't be able to get out of those chains and if you could, your body would be too frail and weak."

Point given.

"Cole? May I ask you a question?"

He glared at me, "Hell no. Shut up or you won't be able to eat today. You're lucky my sister is kind enough to feed you."

Kind. What a strange word.

I nodded and looked down, completely silent. While I was at it, I inspected my lower half's physique.

Let me tell you, it wasn't far from what my top half looked like. The outline of my bones started to show and I looked very pale. My skin was dry and dirty. I haven't had a bath ever since I got of training. I smell horrible. I was still wearing the same shit I did during practice.

That's right, the extremely sweaty one.

———

"I'm back, I also got a few more guys to stand guard." A very tired looking Chloe entered. Cole snapped his head towards his sister, "How many?" Chloe had a dazed look on her face as she started counting her manicured nails.