Chapter 35

*****Cameron's POV******

I wake up with a pounding headache. I hear the basement door shut and someone walking down the stairs. I see Lauren reaching the bottom of the stairs and try to remember what happened that would provoke her to do this. What happens last night? The last thing I remember is us fighting and me moving into the basement. I then went upstairs and started to drink, but what happened after I started drinking? "Hey. How are you feeling?" Lauren asks interrupting my thoughts. She didn't seem mad at me at all. It seemed that for once she was showing me that she still cared about me and liked me.

"Good. I don't remember what happened though. And I have a massive hangover." I say being truthful. I don't want to screw things up anymore than I already have. Once I said that her face fell.

"It was nothing. As long as you're okay I'm going to head upstairs. I'll talk to you later." She says as she starts to walk away.

"Wait Lauren!" I say trying to get her to stay and help me remember. I like things when we aren't fighting and obviously I missed how we got to this point of not fighting last night. She turns and looks to me. "Please explain to me. I don't want to fight with you anymore. And obviously something important happened last night."

"I guess I couldn't expect you to remember after how drunk you were." She says looking at me.

"So does that mean that you will help me to remember?"

"Yeah. I will."

"So.....what happened?"

"Well you were drunk and had drank almost a whole bottle when I found you downstairs. You wouldn't stop because you believes none of cared about you anymore. Also because you said you still loved me but believed I didn't still love you. I kept telling you we cared and that I still love you, but you still didn't believe me. I managed to get the bottle out of your hand. And then long story short to make you believe me I..." She trails off.

"You did what?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I did this." She said as she walks up to me and kisses me. I immediately kiss her back and deepen the kiss. After a while we finally pulled apart.

"Wow." I said out of breath.

"I did that because I do still love you Cameron."

"I love you too." I say with a smile. I look over and see Nash at the bottom of the stairs. Lauren sees me looking over there and turns to see what I'm looking at.

"Nash. Hey. How much of that did you see?" Lauren asks him.

"From the kiss on. I came down here to talk to Cameron."

"Uh hey." I say awkwardly because we aren't exactly in the best position right now.

"Hey. I wanted to apologize before we leave in a few days to go to California."

"It's not your fault man. I screwed up more."

"All is forgiven?"

"Of course. Your like my brother. I love you man." I say sincerely.

"Love you too bro." He responds to me. "I'll leave you two to finish talking." He says as he leaves. As soon as I hear the door shut I turn back to Lauren.

"So where do we stand now?" I ask her.

"I mean I still love you but I'm not sure if I'm ready to be in a relationship yet. You've proven yourself but there are still things I'm concerned about."

"I understand. I am going to call things off with AnnaGrace and I will continue to prove it to you. Even if it takes forever because you're worth it." I pull her into a hug and kiss her forehead. We walk over to the couch and lay down. We cuddle up next to each other and just laid there.