Chapter 42

****Lauren's POV****

I wake up feeling groggy with a sharp pain in my arm. My mom and dad come running into the room and Nash and Hayes follow close behind and Dev and her parents stand by the door not sure what to do. 'Where's Cameron?' I think to myself. "Hi mom, dad." I greet them with a whisper.

"Hey honey! I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Don't worry about the car or anything. I know it was all an accident." My dad says and my mom nods her head. I look over to Nash and Hayes and they are standing there in shock.

"He-hey Nash and Hayes." I say trying to get their attention.

"Oh hey." Nash says while rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Where's Cam? I called him and told him to come here. He brought you too didn't he?"

"Well-" Nash starts but gets cut off by my dad who is glaring at him.

"Dad don't even try to hide anything. Where is Cam? Where is my boyfriend?" I say with some venom behind my words.

"Honey your dad felt it was best if only family and family friends were here when you woke up." My mom tries to cover up for my dad.

"DONT LIE TO ME!" I yell at everyone.

"Honey please don't be mad. I told him to get out because it's his fault. If he didn't want you to go back this summer you would've stayed here, you would've seen Devon and caught up with her sooner, you might not of been at the mall today, and you might not of gotten in the accident." My dad finishes and looks to me like I should understand.

"MIGHT. That's the keyword. Who knows. Things like this are inevitable. It would've happened anyway. It's not his fault. I need air. I'm going for a walk." I finish while starting to get up.

"Honey your hurt, lie down." My mom says trying to calm the situation.

"Yeah, my legs aren't broken, it's my arm. Remember." I say as I get up and walk out of the room. None of them dare to try to stop or follow me. I walk down the hall and through the doors without paying attention to where I was going until something caught me eye. I look at the signs to see that I was in the ER and I can't believe what or who I was seeing.

****Cameron's POV****

After I calm down, I tell my mom and sister what happened at the hospital. They hug me, comfort me, and try to tell me it wasn't my fault, but it don't believe them. I feel like it's all my fault. I did this all. I don't deserve her. I never have and I never will.

"Honey we have to take you to get looked at." My mom says as her and my sister drag me into the car and to the hospital. We get out and I kind of just go through the motions. They take me back to a room and leave the door open because the doctor was going to come in with the supplies to give me stitches in a minute. I am watching the door as I see a familiar figure stop.

She looks at me and I stare back at her. Lauren enters and engulfs me in a hug.

"What are you doing in the ER?" She asks me looking scared.

"I could ask you the same thing." I smirk back at her.

"Well I heard what my dad said to you and I decided to take a walk. I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve that. It's not your fault. I love you. What even happened to you?" She finishes, referring to my hand.

"Well it kind of is my fault and that's how the metal bed frame did this to me." I say explaining it to her. The doctor comes in before anything else can be said. Lauren stays with me and holds my other hand while they stitch me up. The doctor left along with my mom and my sister to go pay the bill.

"Let's go." Lauren says all of a sudden.

"What? Where?" I ask confused.

"To talk to my dad of course." She says. I quickly text my mom what's going on and I take Lauren's and. We walk out of the ER and back to her hospital room to face her dad.....together. Because together we can do anything. Even face her frightening father.