Chapter 20

*************Lauren's POV*************

I have honestly been wondering when Cam is going to ask me out. I hope it is soon. Today I woke up with a note on my pillow. I have been sleeping at Nash's house since my parents are out of town. The note told me to get dressed and ready. Then to go outside next to the dock. I honestly have no idea what the boys have planned, so I am super excited to figure it out!

Once I finished getting dressed (I wore jean shorts with rips below the pockets, and a loose fitting t-shirt that is white with a black infinity sign and my black sandals) I decided to put minimal makeup on (eyeliner and mascara) and straighten my hair. Once I was satisfied with my outfit, I skipped out of the house and down to the pier to find Hayes sitting there.

"Hey Hayes! What's up?" I greet him.

"I am supposed to tell you the rules, and give you a few things." Hayes responds with a smile.

"Rules?"

"You will a card with a letter on it at each stop. Make sure to keep these in order. There will also be a riddle for you to find your next spot. You may even get a little gift like the one I am about to give you. Have fun! No skipping around or cheating. So here is your letter, your Double Chocolate Chip Frap from Starbucks, and here is your riddle."

"That's my favorite! How did you know!?"

"It was supposed to be your favorite. Well I have to go. See you later!" He walks away. Okay so I now am having a great day because Starbucks is involved. I look at the first letter, it's a W. I look at the riddle, it reads: you got starbucks at the pier. The next spot is near. Just walk towards the woods, you'll hear when you are near."

I start walking into the woods totally confused, but I soon understand what he meant. I still have no idea who made this "game" up but I have a feeling its Cam. As soon as I walk about ten feet into the woods, I hear Skylynn's laugh. I walk towards her and she quickly runs at me.

"Lauren, Lauren! I have your riddle and letter! Here you go! Can I go play now!?"

"Haha yes Skylynn. Have fun!" She hands me the stuff and runs off. I look at the letter and it is a I. I now have the letters W-I. The riddle reads: I told you that you would hear. But what else could be near. Well your breakfast isn't completed without food, so tell your toes to follow your nose and go find the pastry that's near. I chuckle at the riddle, but soon smell the sweet smell of fresh baked donuts. I walk over to the smell to find Taylor.

"Hey Lauren!" He greets me.

"GIMME GIMME GIMME!" I shout at him grabbing the donut and devouring it.

"Looks like someone was hungry!" Taylor teases me.

"When am I not hungry Taylor." I respond. In return he hands me the letter and riddle.

"And here give me the riddles you don't need anymore, and your empty Starbucks cup. My other job is to throw them out for you." I hand him my Starbucks cup and the riddles and he walks off. I then look at the next letter. It's a L. I now have W-I-L. I read the riddle: I bet that tasted good. I don't know how to make this rhyme. But when you were little, you had a tricycle, then a bicycle. What do you ride those on? It's around here somewhere. I look around and immediately spot a trail that you would ride your bike on. Standing on the trail, I also see Matt. I walk over to him and he hands me the letter, but no riddle. It's another L. I now have the letters W-I-L-L.

"Where is the riddle?" I ask Matt.

"Oh yeah. There isn't one, I am supposed to blindfold you and lead you there instead." He responds.