Chapter 31

*****************Lauren's POV************************

As I ran past the boys I heard footsteps coming after me. I decided to go to Hayes room. I could still hear the footsteps behind me and I swore it was Cameron. I just wanted him to leave me alone. I couldn't deal with this fighting and ups and downs and distance and trust issues anymore. I just wanted him gone. "Cameron leave me alone." I say trying not to cry as I approach Hayes' room.

"Lauren, it's not Cam. It's me, Taylor."

"Wh-why are you here? If you are here to tell me that I should listen to Cameron, save it."

"I'm not here to tell you to listen to him. I'm here for you. To listen to you vent and stuff. I honestly think that you were right. Cameron was a total idiot. He shouldn't have done any of that." Taylor says trying to calm me down.

"I just don't know anymore." With that I breakdown crying. Taylor doesn't say another word he just comes over to Hayes' bed where I am and holds me while I cry. Eventually I calm down enough to look at Taylor's face. I see him look almost sad for me. I don't want to make him sad or have the boys fight about this. I know that Taylor takes my side, but he needs to be there for Cameron and he needs to not split with the rest of the boys over this. Neither can Nash. Or Hayes. I'm not that important that they need to break friendships over this. "Taylor?" I finally say barely above a whisper.

"Yes?" He responds in a gentle voice.

"I don't want you to feel bad for me or break friendships with the guys over this. It's not that important. I'm not that important."

"Lauren, you are important and they guys and I should be fine."

"I think I am going to call my mom and have her book me a flight back to California."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to be near Cam or fight with him anymore. I can't do it. I mean I love him, but something always goes wrong."

"Lauren, please don't leave."

"Why should I stay. Who here would honestly care a lot if I left."

"Nash, Skylynn, Hayes, and me for sure. Even the guys would."

"The Griers would get over it. We have been seperated before."

"Lauren please. All of us want you here. I want you here."

"But Cam.."

"Screw him. We will make sure ya'll are never together. The only time you would be is if we all do something as a group. Even then though, we will make sure you don't have to talk to him. Please stay."

"I guess I can try to see if it works out. But if not I am going home."

"Deal."

"But I think we need to ask Nash and Hayes if it's okay that I still stay here."

"Yeah, we probably should. NASH AND HAYES!!!!"

"What are you doing??"

"Well I am getting them up here so they can decide if you can stay or not."

"We could've went to find them."

"Yeah but oh well." With that Nash and Hayes walk into the room. Right away they both come up to hug me.

"Hey Lauren." Nash says hesitantly.

"Hey Nash."

"Did you guys need something?"

"uhm yeah kind of. I mean you can say no but I. Nevermind."

"Lauren, just say it." Hayes pushes me to tell them.

"I was um wondering if i could um still stay here and stuff? I mean I know that Cameron and I aren't going to talk and stuff but I was just kind of wondering." I say hesitantaly.

"Of course you can still stay here." Nash and Hayes say at the same time.

"Thank you." I manage.

"Anytime. I'll let you sleep in here if you want. Or you can sleep with Skylynn in her room." Hayes informs me.

"I think I will stay in here for now." I say as I hug him.

"Come on. Let's go get some food." Nash says as he picks me up.

"What are you doing?" I ask him

"Well you see, I am carrying you."

"You are weird."

"I know." He gives me a goofy grin. We finally arrive downstairs. "I think we are all going swimming after we eat. How does that sound?"

"Ummmm. Will Cameron be there?"

"Yeah but who cares. No one said you had to acknowlege his presence."

"I don't know."

"Great so you are going!" After that we sit there and make lunch. Eventually all of the guys come down except Cam come into the kitchen to eat. "Where's Cam?" Nash asks Jack G.

"He's crying in his room. He doesn't want to be around certain people anymore." Jack G says as he glances in my direction. I just ignore him and start eating. After we are all done eating we clean up and head upstairs to change. After everyone was changed we all met back in the living room. Once most people are gathered we made sure we had everything.

"Is Cameron going?" Matt asked the group.

"No. He found out other people were going and decided to stay back. He said he wanted to go but because a certain person was coming he said no." Jack G says glancing towards me again.

"Honestly why should that matter? Lauren is going and she knew that she might run into him. He needs to man up." Taylor shoots back and Jack G.

"Well Lauren shouldn't even be here. She should be going home. Cameron gets to stay for sure. And if he's going to stay in his room whenever she is around then she needs to leave! It was her fault anyways!" Jack G yells back like I am not even in the room.

"Guys enough." Nash trys to stop the fighting but they ignore him.

"She was INVITED to stay by the owners of this house. Cameron needs to man up. It was HIS fault." Taylor says now behind mad.

"GUYS SHUT UP!!!" I scream on the top of my lungs. Everyone turns to look at me. "Stop fighting about a fight that is between Cameron and I. Do not take sides and don't get mad. It is between Cameron and I. It was his choice not to come. Whether it was because of the fight or not."

"Yeah guys. I agree with Lauren here. I shouldn't have said anything about him not being here in the first place. I am sorry." Matt says to the group.

"Let's just stop fighting about it and go have a good time. For all we know Cameron might have wanted to go do something instead of swimming." Carter says.

"Like making out with AnnaGrace again." I say pretty loudly as Cameron reaches the bottom of the stairs and looks right at me.