Chapter 41

*********Cameron's POV*********

As soon as I hang up from Lauren's call, I'm shocked. She was in a car crash, and is on the way to the hospital. My girlfriend, hurt. Whoever did this to her is going to pay. That's a promise, not a threat. I decide that I need to do what she asked of me, so I quickly run to Nash and Hayes who were playing COD in the other room. "Guys! GUYS!" I scream, gaining their attention.

"What!?" They scream in unison.

"Lauren and Devon have been in a car crash. They are on their way to the hospital. Devon is okay but a emotional wreck, and Lo hurt her arm. Nash you have to go get their parents from work because they weren't answering their phones. Hayes, you're coming with me to the hospital straight away. Let's get a move on people." I inform them.

"Wh-What?" Hayes looks stunned as Nash is staring off into space.

"Nash!" I call him out of his trance.

"What?" He says finally looking at me. He looks shattered. Lauren is basically a sister to him after all.

"You need to hang in there and go get her parents. I know it's going to be hard, but you have to do it. For Lauren. She needs you." I comfort him.

"For Lauren." He agrees as he grabs his keys and heads to the car. I go over to where Hayes is and help him start to move out the door. He finally catches on, and starts to do it for himself. Once we get into the car, I go as fast as I can to make it to the hospital. Once we arrive, I park the car and we rush into the building. Hayes beats me to the receptionist desk and asks about Devon and Lauren. They tell us that they can't tell us anything about Lauren besides that they are currently working on her because we are not her guardians. They tell us Devon is in the waiting room, and the lady tells us the way. We thank her and rush to the waiting room. I see Devon in the corner of the room balling her eyes out. We head over there and hug her while reassuring her everything will be alright. Hayes is trying to comfort her, so I decide to wait by the doors until Nash and the parents arrive. After waiting for a little bit, I decide to sit down. I lean against the wall and hope everything will be alright. I finally see Nash's familiar face walking up with what I'm assuming to be Lauren and Devon's parents. As soon as I see them walking throught he doors, I stand up as fast as possible. As they burst through the door, they come up to me and ask me what I know. I tell them what the receptionist said to me and Lauren's parents decide to figure out what's going on. I escort the rest of them to the waiting room where Devon and Hayes are waiting. Devon immediately runs up to her parents and they engulf her in a hug and just hold her. They all move to a bench seat and stay close with their daughter. I take the place of where Devon was, and Nash sits beside me. We sit their waiting to hear the news and what her parents know. Shortly after the walk into the waiting room and walk over to Nash, Hayes and I.

"Well the receptionist filled us in Nash." Lauren's dad says ignoring me.

"Wh-what did she say?" I ask curiously.

"I wasn't talking to you young man." His dad spits at me.

"So-sorry sir." I stutter out.

"What did she say?" Nash repeated my question.

"Well she has a broken arm and has lost a lot of blood. She is going to be asleep for a while and very tired until she gains her strength from blood loss back. Other than that just a broken arm and she is fine." Her dad states while Lauren's mom is holding on to him crying.

"Thank god." Nash and I say letting out a deep breath.

"You young man." Lauren's dad says pointing at me.

"Yes?" I ask wondering what he wants.

"Why are you here?" 

"Well I am her boyfriend and I was the one she got ahold of in the ambulance." I explaint to him.

"I don't want you here. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave." 

"Why?" Nash asks before I have the chance to.

"Well, if you hadn't of been so needy, my daughter wouldn't of flown back to Nash's for the summer. Then her and Devon would have caught up earlier and they might not of went to the mall to catch up today. They wouldn't of been on the road and gotten hit, and we wouldn't be in this situation right now."

"Sir. I don't think this is Cameron's fault at all. Things like this are innevitable. If not now then later something would have happened. Cameron isn't the only one she came back for this summer too. You can't blame him." Nash tries to stand up for me.

"I don't believe that. It's nice for you to stand up for your friend, but I want him gone. Please Cameron just leave." His dad states one last time.

"Yes sir." I say getting up to leave.

"Cam." Nash and Hayes say in unison.

"Guys it's fine. It's my fault that this happened. I'll um see you around. Text me how she is doing." I say to the boys as they say getting up and hugging me.

"Stay strong Cameron. Her dad will come around sometime. Don't blame yourself." Nash whispers in my ear. I give him a slight smile and nod my head a little bit. I start to wallk out, but realize that I'm not in the state to drive. I walk out to the car anyways not really caring at the moment. I start my car and head home while crying. I don't pay attention to the speed limits and just go as fast as I can. I get home and run to my room. I start throwing everything I can manage to move includin the mattress on my bed. I start repeatedly punching my metal bed frame until my hand is bleeding, I can't feel it, and I'm crying to hard to actually punch it anymore. I just lay down on the floor with my bleeding, numb hand crying. My mom and sister eventually come home and come up to my room to find me lying on the floor in this state.

"Cameron! Oh my god! What happened?" My mom says running to me and my sister sits next to me. I have never been in this state. I didn't even know what to do. I just sat their crying as my mom and sister tried to comfort me.