xxii: we're here, and you're not alone

Start from the beginning

"Sure, we can throw him a surprise!" Jaebum says.

"I'll call them up." Jackson gets to calling all of them and then BamBam appears as well. They all decide that they're going to celebrate Jinyoung's English marks and make him feel better from the incident that occurred before.

It should lift his mind off things.

With a high spirited heart, they head to the convenience store to grab some snacks and a few medicines in case Jinyoung does run a high fever.

They pick up the medical trainees, the ones who helped Jaebum pick up the right type of medicines.

"I kinda feel like a complete family with Jinyoung and BamBam in the group." Jackson mentions.

"Well, it is refreshing to have different minds with us here. Rather than the stupid everyday thoughts of Jackson." Youngjae laughs.

"Hey, Don't be sassy mister doctor! And my thoughts about chicken nuggets aren't that stupid!" Jackson retaliates.

"First of all, it's Doctor Strange. Not mister doctor, not master doctor, Doctor Strange! And secondly, I really want to get to know Jinyoung better. Especially when he's my bestie's boyfriend." Youngjae sasses.

"Well, then Doctor Strange, Dormamu so fat, Thanos had to snap twice!" BamBam says, trying to step into the bickering of the two.

Jackson and Mark let out weird giggly laughs at the joke while Youngjae looks at BamBam with pure betrayal, but BamBam's enjoying himself too.

"We're here." Jaebum says, stopping the car with clammy hands and getting out of the luxury car.

He grabs the bag of assorted candies and chocolates, while the other five hide behind the bushes on the right and left of the house. Jaebum rings the bell. And is met by the teary eyes of Jinyoung's aunt.

He's even more anxious.

"What's wrong mam? Did something happen?" Jaebum asks politely. It would've been rude and hurtful if he asked about Jinyoung first.

But it hurts equally the same.

Jinyoung's aunt sobs wearily again those words; she thinks of Jinyoung back in the hospital.

Red flags immediately appear in Jaebum's head as he slowly calms down Jinyoung's aunt.

Youngjin, being properly able to see again and calming herself down, fighting back all emotions and veiling them behind a sniff, shakily begins.

"J-Jinyoung's in the hospital..." She brings up one hand to fight back the invading tears, that don't listen to her and keep overflowing.

Jaebum's heart drops by a notch.

"What? Why?!" Jaebum not so gently queries, dropping the bag of sweets in the process, his whole body trembling.

This time, all the boys behind the bush appear, being concerned of the commotion that was held in the entrance of the house.

"H-He..." Youngjin takes a few deep breaths before continuing. "H-He tried to k-kill himself yesterday..." Her voice cracks at the end of the sentence and all the boys are struck with a wave of quick but painful electric shock.

Especially Jaebum. His mind and heart can't seem to function accordingly, one being shut down completely to save itself from the killing pain, while the other, being way too aware and exposed to the pain.

He's mentally unstable and physically, as his legs give up and he crouches.

Jackson and BamBam immediately rush to his sides, while Youngjin continues the heart breaking news.

"H-He's still in the hospital bed... I c-can't imagine anything w-without h-him..."

"Can we meet him please?" Mark asks.

"I-I was just heading to the hospital... I h-hope... He wakes up knowing all you wonderful boys are there." She sobs, quickly fixing her makeup.

That slaps Jaebum back to reality.

"W-What D-Do you mean by 'he wakes up'?" Jaebum asks with a shaky voice and a pierced heart.

"He... He overdosed on his antidepressants..." Youngjin heavily answers. She takes out a tissue and fixes her face with it.

"Let's go." Jackson says stiffly, making everyone turn towards him.

"We can't afford to let him sleep even a second longer. He's gotta wake up." Jackson says, heading to the car.

The rest of the group patch up their emotions and head to the hospital; head to Jinyoung.

Jaebum picks up the bag of treats and heads to the car.

Jinyoung needs to wake up.