02

Taehyung's POV

I gave the man behind the counter a small smile, really hoping everything was going to go as planned today. So far, everything seemed in order.

Feeling flooded with sudden nervousness, I began to argue with myself on whether what I'm doing here is actually worth it or not. Pushing away my doubts, I looked back to the pale man, "I'm looking to adopt a little friend today".

At the mention of "little friend", Yoongi's smile grew even more. It must not be often that customers don't refer to them as 'pets'. He must really be a good guy.

Yoongi came from around the counter and motioned for me to follow him with his finger. We walked around a bit with him showing me all different types of animals but none seem to catch my eye. "Do you have anything else?"

He nodded his head, "I have hybrids in rooms in the back lounge if you would like to see them"

I raised my eyebrow at him. I really wasn't looking for a hybrid, only a small animal. I have nothing against hybrids it's just that they're not adopted as much as regular animals. Hybrids aren't illegal or anything if that's what you're wondering.

Since there were no more animals to look at, I might as well give the hybrids a try. I nodded my head and he lead me into the back where I found many hybrids doing their own thing.

Some were playing and some were just talking to one another.

What really caught my attention was the boy in the corner. He had long silky looking black bunny ears on top of his head. He was sitting in the corner looking scared. I could see a fox hybrid trying to talk to him but he stayed silent. He looked so fragile.

I slowly approached him as to not scare him. When I was in front of him, I knelt down and tried to make eye contact with him. Once we made eye contact, he quickly averted his gaze onto the floor. The fox hybrid had already gave up on trying to get him to talk, leaving as he saw me approaching. It was just us now in the corner.

This bunny hybrid was going to be a hard one. "I'm Taehyung but you can call be Tae if you would like", I showed him my box smile, trying to ease him up at least  a little. The bunny flinched, I guess he wasn't expecting me to start a conversation.

He looked up at me and smiled a little where I could see a hint of his cute prominent bunny smile. That's when I knew, he was the one I wanted to adopt. With careful hands, I pulled him up with me and turned around to be met with the other boy from the counter smiling at us. His eyes turned into adorable crescents as he smiled. I now noticed the soft cat ears that lay in the mix of his light pink hair.

His hands were interlaced with Yoongi's and Yoongi was giving us that same soft smile.

I looked back at the hybrid my hand was interlocked with and looked back at the couple. "I want him".