01

Taehyung groaned as he finally got to step into his house off after a long day at work. After taking off his shoes, he quickly made his way into the kitchen and made a bowl of instant ramen to eat as he plopped down onto the couch.

It was days like this when he realized how truly alone he was. All he did was work, eat and sleep. It was a never ending repeating cycle for him. He didn't have a roommate or anyone he could casually strike up a conversation with when he had time off.

He was alone.

For years now he's struggled with the loneliness. Maybe it was about time he could find someone to fill that void. He pondered on all the choices he had. He could go out and make friends... yeah no.

He could adopt. That didn't seem too bad. He's always wanted a pet. Maybe then he could feel like he was needed in some type of way. He would have someone who would listen after a long and stressful day at work. Someone to cuddle up to when things got bad. He would have a friend.

Since he had a day off tomorrow, he might as well go to the pet shop then. He quickly picked up his dirty dish and put it in the sink, planning to wash it tomorrow. When he got to his room, he quickly discarded of his old work clothes and into fresh pyjamas.

He lay in bed thinking about what it would be like to have someone depending on him. He wasn't looking to adopt anything big. Maybe a small dog or cat. Something that he could easily get along with.

After two hours of overthinking, he finally fell asleep.

The next morning he was buzzing with excitement. This was the day he was going to the pet shop. As he took a shower and got dressed, all he could think about was the new furry creature he was going to adopt.

What would it be? Will it even come to like him?

Once he arrived at the pet store, he opened the door to reveal a well lit place that smelled of animal food. The man behind the counter was busy talking to another man smaller that him. Nothing was strange so far. This seemed like a good place.

The man behind the counter finally looked up and flashed a gummy smile his way. Taehyung was taken back by how adorable it was; He looked truly happy to be working in a place like this.

"Hello and welcome to Suga's animal adoption center. My name is Yoongi. What are you looking for today?", The pale gummy-smile man asked.