Chapter 38

*Chapter not edited*

Joel didn't know what was going on. He was sure that the spell didn't work. He sat there for hours, pacing around the church wounding what had gone wrong.

Joel tried everything he could think of to bring Olivia back. He was so fixed on bringing her back that he forgot Anastasia. It made him guilty but he knew that. He knew that Anastasia did want this. And she knew that she wouldn't have a place in his heart once he meets Olivia.

But Olivia wasn't the same as before, she was different. Her eyes were bloodshot red, fangs fully erected, and looked as if she has feed in an eternity. It was as if she was a vampire who was lost to bloodlust.

Joel was ready for her next move. All he needed to do was knock her out long enough to call Tony. He knew she would have blood on hand.

Joel tried to calm Olivia down but nothing seemed to work, she just kept attacking to the point he had to use his magic against her to give them some room.

"Olivia, " he called but she only hissed back and then turned her head toward the way of the house.

Marnie.

Olivia dashed into the trees and Joel followed. She was fast, Joel thought as he tried to keep up with her but she was gone.

"Damn it, " he cures waving his hand in the air to make a portal to the house. Quickly he jumped into the barely formed portal to the house, finding himself just a few feet of porch.

He ran towards the house, opened the door and turned around, barely getting inside when he saw Olivia already on his doorstep.

"Dad? What's going on?" Marnie walked out of the hallway, half asleep.

"Marnie stay back!" Joel yelled, quickly moving around the house. The house was protected from anyone that would do harm to them but that wouldn't stop someone from torching the place. "Don't open that door!"

"What's going on?" She asked in fear.

Joel quickly took his phone out of his pocket and called Tony. After three long rings, she asked, "Speak."

"Olivia is alive," he said, "but shes crazed."

"What do you mean?" Tony yelled.

"I tried bringing her back from the dead and she attacked me. She's now at the house trying to kill us," he yelled.

"I would too, " Tony slyly replied.

"Not funny, " he growled.

"Don't worry, I'm not far, can you last a little while longer without me?"

The living room window glass broke due to a rock "Yes, but I don't know how long, " Olivia peered into the view of the broken window a hissed.

"Olivia? What happened?" Marnie small voice called out.

Joel marches into the hallway, "Marnie stay away from the windows!" He yelled making his way to his room.

"What did you do!" She yelled.

"Nothing! I found her clinging to life and I. . . I brought her back." He finished walking out of his room with a shotgun.

"Didn't I tell you!" Marnie yelled, "bring someone back turns them into a vampire and they need to feed! She's hunger dad. "

"That's nice to know but I don't feel like being someone's dinner, " he exclaimed pulling shotgun shells out of the kitchen drawer. "Tony will be here."

"What is she going to do?" The child yelled.

Joel slammed the gun down on the table looking out the window were Olivia hissed and drooled. The woman looked like a zombie trying to get to her pray that so close but so far away.

"Marnie, not now."

"You're her mate!"

"Marnie, how did you know?" He whispered.

The small child glared at him,"I'm not stupid, a boy at the hospital where Olivia was, told me more about vampires while you were sleeping in the waiting room. He told me that the only thing that can save Olivia was her mate. And that you were her mate! That you two were to be together, forever. You are the only one who can calm her!"

"She tried to kill me!"

"I would too!" Marnie yelled back, "all you have ever been was a jerk! And I know that you keep pushing her away but I don't want you too. I love Olivia! So save her!" The child cried. "Save her daddy. Save. . . her, " she started to weep.

So many things were running through his head. Joel wanted to save her, he just didn't know how without getting himself and his daughter dead in the process.

He took another glance at Olivia, he could portal out of here, but then Olivia would run loose, into town or end up killing campers or something. All he can think of was wait for Tony and hope she had bags of blood on her. Blood.

You are the only one who can calm her!

Joel thought if the only one who could calm her was him then a little of his blood could do the trick.

Turn around and grabbed a knife from the silverware drawer and a cup. Slicing the palm of his hand he let the blood trickle down into the cup. He cut his hand again to draw out more until he was satisfied that it was enough. The glass wasn't even half full but if he was her mate, he thought, just a little would be enough. He hoped.

Joel opened another draw that has kitchen towels inside and quickly wrapped his hand up before picking up the glass.

Taking his time towards the window he chanted a few words to force Olivia to sleep.

Olivia was fighting to sleep, her thirst for blood was so strong that not even Joels magic could have any effect of her. It took him nearly thirty minutes for her to give in to the sleep giving Joel the opportunity to slip out onto the porch and give her the little bit of blood he had in the glass.

God, he really hoped it would work. He didn't know he much longer he could have her under his spell until Tony could get to them.