Chapter 4

The man before me gave me a funny smile before laughing. "You have quiet an imagination for an angel," he said showing his hand out to says, 'have a set'.

"You don't believe me, do you?" I asked bowing my head in shame.

"Well I never believe in angels until you." Lifting my head I saw his one brow raised. "Who knows maybe vampires are real but right now I don't see one. Just an angel. I could hardly believe a vampire would be able to have an angel."

"My mother was human and my father was a vampire. Having a child being human or vampire was a flip of a coin. But human children were rare, with gifts that protected them from other vampires, because of our blood."

"You imagination is incredible," he grinned showing me sighs that he did not believe.

"You still don't believe me, do you?" I asked once more. I could see it in his eyes that he thought I may have banged my head. Why does he not believe me? But then again, why do I want him to? Why am I even telling him this?

"I believe you," he softly said. Slowly approaching me I took a step back.

"Don't come near."

"Are you scared of medical attention?"

"You think I'm a fool. That I banged my head. But you are a witch who know nothing about our origin of the supernatural."

"A witch? Who do you..." he took a couple steps forward as I took a couple steps back.

"Step away!" I barked, feeling my fangs spring free as I hissed at him. I don't know what wrong with me other than that I wanted him to believe me. Deep down, I wanted him to. But not only that, I was scared of him, that maybe if he touched me. I'll lose myself. That I would, maybe, kill him.

His smell made me hungry. His eyes made my heart beat so fast that it hurts. His voice had me shivering inside that I wanted to fly high into the sky and fall just so I know it's all so real. That last part could kill me, now that I thought about it but I wanted to make sure it was real.

"What the-," he whispered stepping back.

"Do you believe me now?"

"What are you?" he whispered then snapping out, "What did you do to my daughter!?"

"I did nothing. Check her yourself. Like I would harm a child. I'm in debited to her for saving me. And now that you know, I do not need your medicine. If you will, please show me to the door and I will gladly leave. I only meant to pass by until I was cut down by the strange bird."

"And you want me to believe that?" he asked glaring at me with piercing eyes.

"I have not lied and yet you question me. Your only proof is to check the child yourself since you already know I have an injury wing still."

He glanced at the staircase behind me, looks at me then the staircase again. Moving slightly away from the staircase, I twisted my body as if to tell him 'go'. He had every right to. A vampire like I, with a human child like Marnie, together. There would be doubt if the child had been harmed or not. Any parent would. But they would hesitate to pass a vampire to check, in fear they would lose their lives.

"Go, I will not harm you or your child. That is a promise," looking him dead in the eye, "Vampire's never lie and always keep their promises." I lied in hopes this silent hesitation would move on before he chooses to strike me dead then run up the stairs.

With a slight nod his stiff body somewhat relaxed before he sprang into action, running up the stairs, yelling, "Marnie!"

Strangely I found myself smiling at the man, whose name I still don't knew. The man who for some reason, I wanted to believe me. But a man like himself, a witch would never believe a vampire like I. It was best to show him who and what I am. Its better flying with open eyes then going blind.

"What's your problem?" I hear the child yell.

With an eye brow raised I walked to the stairs and climbed, reaching to the top. Making my way to the kitchen the child was sitting on the counter with her father checking her neck, arms, legs, any skin that wasn't covered.

"Didn't she hurt you? Bit you?" he yelled cupping her face with both his hands.

"Who? Olivia?" the child asked tilting her end to the side looking right at me. Her father spun around while grabbing a knife from inside the sink.

"Stay away, from us!" he yelled guarding his offspring.

"You fear me still. Even when I said I would not harm you," I whispered turning my head to the side while looking at the floor. "That is understandable. I shall leave then," what was this pain inside my chest? Some part of me didn't want to leave and yet I did want to.

Glancing at the marks that still held my history to the house along with my brothers and sister I quickly looked back at the new owners of the house. With a little bow I said, "Thank you for helping me little one. I have nothing to give in return for you for saving me. I hope one day I can repay your kindness."

"There's no need, just stay away from us," the father spoke before his daughter could.

Glancing up to the father, I quickly looked away as I straighter out my back. "I will go then, "I slightly smiled turning toward the front door.

With my hand on the knob I was stopped half way with the child called out, "Stop! The monster are out now!"

Turning toward the child, I frowned. "Monsters?"

She gotten off the counter and had pushed her way in front of her father. "They come out at night. It's safer here. Leave in the morning, you don't have a place to sleep right."

Drifting my eyes towards the father then the child. I knew I couldn't stay. I was not welcomed. And I must respect that. With a gentle smile, "Do not worry about me, child. Like those monsters, I'm one myself."

"Please stay, you're not a monster."

"Do not let my wings and charm deceive you child." Opening my mouth slightly, I showed my fangs. Which had made her father step in front of her. "Do not worry. Your safe without me here. Good-bye Marnie."

"Good-bye- Olivia," she whispered sadly.

Taking a couple more second just to look at them and the house I grow up in. I turned the doorknob and let myself out. Shutting the door, I could hear the father run up the door, locking the door behind me. Turning not to look back like a poor pup, I walked off the porch to the middle of the plain.

Flexing my wings out, the one wing burned in pain but I couldn't think that. I need to get back into the sky to find a safe place to sleep before the sun rose again.

Moving my wings I had only gotten up in the air for a short bit before falling. And what made it worst was that I lost my footing when landing to the point I was on my knees.

"I guess I'm walking then," I sighed.