Chapter 16

"When are you going to quit it?" Joel growled spinning around, staring down at me.

"When you understand that you need me, in more ways than one," I spoke, truthfully, trying to stay calm. I was tired of the male thinking that he could just push me away.

I understood his offspring gone, I knew that he was scared of losing her too, and I been no different. Marine was a child I couldn't turn away from, it must have been because it was my fool-of-a-mates offspring that or I truly did develop a bond with the girl.

"I told you, I don't need you," he took a step forward towards me, towering over me. "Your nothing but a blood sucking vampire and I don't need you or your vampire friends near my daughter, you're all nothing but trouble."

"Funny," I spoke with a frown, not at his comment but of how similar it had sounded coming from my father. "That's what my father said about witches." From what I knew, my father knew many witches in his time. One witch had been very close friends with my parents.

"Your father was wise," he muttered turning away and continuing down the path he had walked before.

"My father was a wise man. . ." I smiled weakly. He was a good man and full of life too. The male who had woken me and my siblings were not the same male, who I remembered but a male so lost that not even the God's could save him.

Trailing close behind him, I stared into his back wondering what his skin looked like, to see his back muscles flex. The thought made my mouth water at the thought of touching his skin.

Shaking thought away, my eyes drifted down his back to his tone arse. It was nice looking, I laughed thinking about how mother used to sneak a glance at father's arse whenever he wasn't looking. Oh, how she would laugh and say 'it's the few pleasures a woman can do without being called a lightskirt'. She would also say 'if a man is allowed to drool over my chest, why can't I do the same over his arse'.

"What's so funny," Joel growled looking over his shoulder breaking the memory from my thoughts.

"Nothing," I smiled up at him, trying not to laugh. "Just remembered something my mother used to say before she-" cutting myself off. My smile faded into a frown. I looked away from him, refusing to make any eye contact.

"Your mother was human," he asked not stopping in his tracks. I was shocked for a moment by the comment.

Not knowing if that was a question or not. I spoke softly, "Yes," I answered, looking at him,"how did you-"

He cut me off, "Marine had told me," he said like it as the most logical answer in the world.

"I see," I whispered in understanding.

"I didn't think vampires could have children," he said, walking over a log. "Not after the war?"

"War?"

"The Great War," he paused, then quickly said, "between witch and vampire?" He said as if I was no know. He gave me an odd look like. "You don't know, do you?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, I've been sleeping for a long time," I frowned. " There was only one time I heard anything about a battle. My father had said something to my mother a weeks before my sibling and I fell into a deep sleep. He had said 'Morgana wants war against. .' Lockwood if I remember. But that is all I recall other than mother saying 'she wouldn't'. Does that have to do with it?" I asked not sure.

Joel stood on the other side of the log while I was on the opposite. Staring at each other, it seems like time stopped for a moment, without a single sound spoken.

With a nod of his head, "Yes, it does," he finally responded, but slowly. "Morgana started a war against the Lockwood family. The story goes she fell in love with a Lockwood who was to be wed to the vampire princess, Morgana had calmed she carried his child and after hearing that news, her vampire lover tried to have her killed. Beaten and left for dead, she lost her child and declared war, with the last of her magic she cursed all vampires to never bear children again. But rumor had it one vampire was spared along with his ken."

"One? Why?"

"He fought beside her, wanting revenge for his own family. So, she spared him so he could still make a family if he so chose too."

"Does this vampire have a name?" I asked knowing well that it was well could have been my father. How else would my sister, Dawn could have been born if what he said was true, even Edea's birth, for that matter.

"No one knows his name, from what I was told. He came on the battlefield and fought against his own kind. Some say it was the calling of the battlefield that led him to fight. Others say it was Morgana that brainwashed him and kept him as a pet. And then there is the last rumor," he was silent for a moment then said, "a royal vampire killed his entire family, that was what made him go crazy and pledge himself to Morgana." 

"And were you a part of this war?" I asked when the thought of his wife popped in my head.

With a long silence. He looked away and walked away, muttering, "Yes."

Following him, "So then you are immoral?" I asked close on his heel.

"No one is truly and immortal," he commented looking straight ahead. Even an immortal can die. For some reason, his comment there had silenced me, stopping me in my tracks.

By the tone of his voice and the look on his face, he was no longer willing to speak anymore. Was his wife once immortal too? How did she pass? By vampires no doubt judging by his hated for my kind. But not all of us are bad. How can I show him, that not all of us are bad? How can I make him trust me and. . . maybe lo-

Glancing up, I looked from left to right to only find myself alone. "Joel?" I yelled racing forward, looking around to find any trace of the male. "Joel," I cried before falling two stories.

There so much going on. I hope you like the chapter, I literally left it on a cliff-hanger, get it, cliff because she fall off a small cliff. . . 'I'll go home.' ( Oh wait, I am.) Anyway, I would have had it yesterday but stuff happened. Anyway look at the Don't series Club book for news and more. I just updated of info on your Favorite cat Mr. Piccolo and more.